Fender Lip Rolling w/Eastwood. They say "No"?!

SpeedRacerX

I need to have my rear fender lips rolled to eliminate the tiny rub on the driver side for my new 295 DRs.

The Eastwood Fender Roller website says the following:

Q: Will it work on all fenders?
A: Yes, except dual-thickness flanged fenders, mostly found on the rear of full-size cars, such as a 1987 Grand National.

WTH. Has anyone rolled their fenders and had a problem??? If so, did you resort to pulling out the dremel and cutting the lips back??

Thanks for the input.

Lol....
I bought the much cheaper eBay knock off. So far it's been used on 4 or 5 turbo Buicks and worked fine

I used my Eastwood roller. Worked great. Was a little difficult (slow) due to the thickness, but it did work.

I'm to cheap and used the ole aluminum bat, just went slow and it worked fine for the same size tire

I'm to cheap and used the ole aluminum bat, just went slow and it worked fine for the same size tire
I was looking at that last night but it just felt like the whole fender panel might "give" and crease right above the fender flare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I was looking at that last night but it just felt like the whole fender panel might "give" and crease right above the fender flare.

I was told that there is a major concern to cracking the paint. Is that a true concern?

I'm sure it's a major concern.
I am rolling the lips on Wednesday so I'll report back how it goes.

In the meantime, I installed air lift bags today and that solved any rubbing I had. I still want to roll the lips for extra precaution and for when I go to the track.

If you don't need the fender rolled flat , you can use the method I just used . It gave me what I call a half roll
I started with a crescent wrench tightened down on the lip and bent up A LITTLE at a time working your way around the wheel opening . Do this a couple of times back and forth . This will start the " roll " and make the rolling tool work much faster . My 90yr old dad gave me this idea after watching me struggling to get the roll started on the driver side . The passenger side took about 15 mins. My dad was a body man for 60+ years and knows a few tricks of the trade !
Here are some pics. of mine . I picked up about 1/2"-5/8" tire clearance .

DSCN0517.JPG
DSCN0518.JPG

Any pictures of the 295s on the car?
How is the clearance..before and after rolling the fender?
what size tires... 295/50/15s?

Any pictures of the 295s on the car?
How is the clearance..before and after rolling the fender?
what size tires... 295/50/15s?
295/55-15. I have plenty of pix installed standard and with a thick wheel adapter to give it that hot wheels look.

I still haven't rolled the lips yet. The day I planned it, I ended up getting sick. I'm looking to do so soon. I have so many projects backed up on my car waiting on the transmission to get beefed up.

I use the bags for now and that keeps the lip off the tire even with the adapter on.

Let me see if I can find pix.

Here's a pic with no adapter on 15x10 g-body aluminum rims. Inside near the frame is great. Very slight rub on big bumps from the lip. Rolling will solve that.
20170430_154052.jpg

With the adapter installed kicking the tires out big wheels style. Lol.
20170701_141514.jpg
20170701_141549.jpg
20170701_141649.jpg

The other reason for the adapters is I also have GNX flares I was going to install and have a real wide body look but decided against. I'll be selling them soon.