Fender vent parts

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Is there a picture of the real GNX fender vent parts? Seems like there are parts missing from aftermarket sets. Was there a flexible hose which attached the vent to the weird shaped metal duct?
Mike

Here you go. From gnx fact guide
b8ff4ab4c313e20fc910f4522e73353b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Does part #1 extend all the way to the back of the fender? Looks like it would be easy to replicate, I wonder why no one does it right, ie; exactly like OE?

Mike

Does part #1 extend all the way to the back of the fender? Looks like it would be easy to replicate, I wonder why no one does it right, ie; exactly like OE?

Mike
Part number 1 in the illustration is the early production part that was only used on the first 6 or so vehicles....it did not fit well and was replaced whit a shorter version that worked really good. There was an exact reproduction out there but I forget who makes it. I will go in the basement and take a picture of the part.

Attachments

• Vents 001.JPG
    Vents 001.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • Vents 002.JPG
    Vents 002.JPG
    704.2 KB · Views: 41
Yes, those are the ones I have, they don't quite reach the back of the fender. Also, what is the big hole used for?

Mike

Yes, those are the ones I have, they don't quite reach the back of the fender. Also, what is the big hole used for?

Mike
The reason for the gap is the different distances between the fender and the inner fender between different vehicles ...that was the problem with the first design ( NO tolerance provisions) . The hole is for punting it in location with your hand during installation at the plant...it made it much easier to install. There is a gap but it still works really well.

Thank you for the info!
Does removing the hood rubber gasket allow more heat to be pulled out or does the air hit the winshield and push/hold the hot air underhood? I ask because when that gasket is removed the factory A/C doesn't work well.

Pull the gasket off of the drivers side only and leave it on the passenger side.....that will help for both issues.

were the fender vents screwed on? i saw one vehicle with two phillips screws directly on the gills? I'm curious if that was factory?

Two button headed cap screws where used ....see illustration above.

Thank you for the info!
Does removing the hood rubber gasket allow more heat to be pulled out or does the air hit the winshield and push/hold the hot air underhood? I ask because when that gasket is removed the factory A/C doesn't work well.

That's a high pressure area. At speed it pushes air under the hood. At rest it lets engine heat into the HVAC inlet.