Few ?'s on Racetronix Fuel Line Kit

BIGONTS

I got the premium line kit coming and want to get ready for a quick install. Few Q's for those that have installed either kit.
Did anyone leave the original existing fuel lines in place? Is there room to leave them, just in case you want to go back to stock? Looks tight where they exit in the engine bay on driver's side.
Also, did anyone route the lines on the drivers side to avoid going through the K-member? And to preserve the stock lines on passenger side? I know that's the shorter route, there's more than enough line and fittings are reusable.
Finally, just about how long did the install take?

Any other tips?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm tackling this install soon too....doesn't look fun. Be patient and take your time!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I got the premium line kit coming and want to get ready for a quick install. Few Q's for those that have installed either kit.
Did anyone leave the original existing fuel lines in place? Is there room to leave them, just in case you want to go back to stock? Looks tight where they exit in the engine bay on driver's side.
Also, did anyone route the lines on the drivers side to avoid going through the K-member? And to preserve the stock lines on passenger side? I know that's the shorter route, there's more than enough line and fittings are reusable.
Finally, just about how long did the install take?

Any other tips?

Thanks

The kit is designed to run beside the factory fuel lines. Nothing runs through the k-member up front. Do not remove the fittings as these kits have been pressure/leak tested.
The tightest spot is where the lines run up the front of the engine behind the power accessories. There are some instructions with pictures on our support forum.
http://racetronix.com/sales-support/support/

The kit is designed to run beside the factory fuel lines. Nothing runs through the k-member up front. Do not remove the fittings as these kits have been pressure/leak tested.
The tightest spot is where the lines run up the front of the engine behind the power accessories. There are some instructions with pictures on our support forum.
http://racetronix.com/sales-support/support/

Just check it out. Very useful. Can you post some instructions just in case I have to shorten a section with the reusable fittings?

Just check it out. Very useful. Can you post some instructions just in case I have to shorten a section with the reusable fittings?

You may post a new thread in our proper forum section to request this information.

Any other tips? Seems like the new line is pretty stiff and might be difficult to route to the FP and feed side of rails?? Just hope not to kink it when bending :banghead:

Go to the E85 section and check out a sticky by sakudog called "My E85 Conversion pics". He didn't use the RT line kit, but it might give you some ideas. I like the way he routed the lines.