You can type here any text you want

fiberglass hoods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello peoples: How many of youz have one? I 'd like to here your experiences with it and do U need hood pins for one.
IBBY

I’ve been reading about this as well.
It seems the best fitting/ looking fiberglass hood is the one from Hartline Performance. It is a bolt on hood (uses factory hinges and hood latch, recommend using lower pressure gas springs) and heavier than others, but requires less prep for a show car.

Ultra carbon may have the same qualities, but haven’t heard.

There are pin on hoods that are very light, but do require hood pins, Dzus fasteners or similar.

That’s all I know.

I've had 2 Glasstek hoods...

No hood pins, I'm not a track guy.
Weak hood shocks, I think these are shocks from a Trans Am that came with fiber hood.

1st hood after roughly 12 years spiderwebed the paint.

2nd one, on now, had a small dimpled area from cureing the body shop missed. I called Glasstek and they did say that can happen so the body shop needs to be very detailed in prep. Great to know now. 🤨

They're not perfect enough to win any awards or pass anyone with a good eye or body man but they're nice and light.

I did lizardskin vs hood pad, then painted over the lizardskin and it was better looking and better heat blocking IMO.

Heard great things about Cals hood, at the time he didn't have any in stock and Glasstek is here in IL so I went that route.

Back