Finally Sprayed the GN...

TARZAN

Half ass, on kill
I started out with a 35 shot, car took it fine, no knock, etc....Now I'm running a 50 and it seems to be doing just as well. I just make sure to run 112-114 on my 110 tune and the car does great. That lil extra shove out the gate does WONDERS for the car also lol...

-Will

I started out with a 35 shot, car took it fine, no knock, etc....Now I'm running a 50 and it seems to be doing just as well. I just make sure to run 112-114 on my 110 tune and the car does great. That lil extra shove out the gate does WONDERS for the car also lol...

-Will

Are you using it the whole run or just out of the gate?

I've actually tried it both ways. It seems to be blowing spark out topside if I try and spray through a whole run...

-Will

I've actually tried it both ways. It seems to be blowing spark out topside if I try and spray through a whole run...

-Will
Shouldnt be. Make sure your not leaning out. What is your plug gap? Id stay around .030-.032in. Id also go for a set of MSD wires from Russ Merritt. Verify grounds are good and coil is strong. Plan on going through a lot of plugs with the leaded fuel. they dont last too long. Be sure your exhaust is not creating excessive back pressure either.

Shouldnt be. Make sure your not leaning out. What is your plug gap? Id stay around .030-.032in. Id also go for a set of MSD wires from Russ Merritt. Verify grounds are good and coil is strong. Plan on going through a lot of plugs with the leaded fuel. they dont last too long. Be sure your exhaust is not creating excessive back pressure either.

Thanks for the tips, I actually made a friend ride with me on a pass or two, and his sole purpose was to watch my scanmaster lol. The leaded fuel (and running it slightly rich) is eating up plugs (and possibly o2 sensors, gonna change it and see). I've got a nice set of aftermarket wires, but I may go ahead and put a new set on it. I DO NOT spray unless the dump is open, I don't spray through full exhaust...My plugs are currently gapped to .035-.038, so I think that may be the culprit

-Will

Another question, and this may not make any sense at all....But I've got an RJC power plate, but I didn't bother installing it, because I heard mixed reviews.....mind if I get your thoughts?

-Will

install it. its going to help with equal air flow to the cylinders. its been proven.

Thanks for the tips, I actually made a friend ride with me on a pass or two, and his sole purpose was to watch my scanmaster lol. The leaded fuel (and running it slightly rich) is eating up plugs (and possibly o2 sensors, gonna change it and see). I've got a nice set of aftermarket wires, but I may go ahead and put a new set on it. I DO NOT spray unless the dump is open, I don't spray through full exhaust...My plugs are currently gapped to .035-.038, so I think that may be the culprit

-Will

I just glass bead blast my plugs after a few days of running leaded fuel or whenever they come out or i feel it needs it. Takes all the lead deposits off and prevents grounding of the pending spark. Id close the gap down some also. Use the powerplate for sure. Ive had great luck at this point with them. They wont be a restriction till the engine is up over 6500 rpm or more on our small engines. Should not ever be a problem on any hydraulic cammed 231 ci engine. Valves will float before the rpm is high enough for the plate to cause a restriction.

I would take the plugs down to .032 and add the plate. Another advantage I think to the nitrous it that you are adding nitrous and gas to the air flow before the intake with a single fogger setup. So you can add a little fuel to the fogger so you can make up for the extra air flow to the rear cylinders. I have a 6 fogger on the dog house and have used a larger gas jet on the back foggers to make up for the air flow. It seemed to help.

Thanks alot, I've tried a "rich 50" and a "true 50", the car seemed to like the rich 50 better on full passes where I sprayed...

I'll make sure and install the plate as well, thanks guys, I'm always open to suggestions...

-Will

A wide band datalogger like an Innovate LM-1 will make it easier to nail down the a/f ratios and would be a good investment if you plan on running a lot of N2O. Run a .85 precision ex housing also. It will pick up a lot with the N2O.

Thanks alot, must admit that I didn't know that aboutt he turbo, I know I need a wideband lol. I guess I'm gonna try and find me another turbo :)

-Will

Ive been spraying mine all summer! Currently it is a 100 NX shot on top of 22-23 psi. Runs SUPER STRONG! Pulled a 807 RWHP/ 751RWTQ HPP twin turbo 03 cobra by 3 cars about a month ago. He did have traction issues on the 1-2 shift. I didnt. ;) I love the spray on this car. Its hard to keep a bottle full for more than a week.

Ive been spraying mine all summer! Currently it is a 100 NX shot on top of 22-23 psi. Runs SUPER STRONG! Pulled a 807 RWHP/ 751RWTQ HPP twin turbo 03 cobra by 3 cars about a month ago. He did have traction issues on the 1-2 shift. I didnt. ;) I love the spray on this car. Its hard to keep a bottle full for more than a week.

Do you have a closed loop wastegate on there with an electronic boost controller? I can see your car having well over 700 hp and 800 ft lbs since mine had 706 ft lbs at 25 psi and you are spraying yours on top of a better build. Traction would be a problem unless in 3rd gear in at 85mph+ my car.

Wish mine would hold that kinda kit, but I don't wanna spray more than 50 on the stock shortblock lol...

-Will

wonder how much you would have to spray to get a car thats running 11.6 to run 10.99

On my old stock motor a 75 shot knocked off .6 and picked up almost 6 mph. Went from 11.57 to 11.00's. Im guessing here but id say my 100 shot gives me about 8 mph. So a 75-100 would get ya a high 10 i bet.

So, a stock motor, with conservative tuning and race fuel, can take a 75 shot? As I said, I started at a 35 and moved to a 50, don't wanna get greedy and pop it though :)

-Will