Finally Wrapping it Up

Steve87GN

Oh come on...its just a 6
Hey everyone. I’m wrapping up my first project for the GN over the next few weeks. I have a few questions and wanted to get some input. First, what I’m going to be doing.

- New PTE 5558 turbo
- Terry Houston SS downpipe
- Terry Houston cat
- Modified turbo shield
- SpeedHut fuel pressure and vacuum/boost gauges

Now, while I’m in there, I have half-a-mind to swap the crossover pipe and passenger manifold with the pieces offered by TA Performance (stock replacement, already have the driver’s manifold). Yes or no?

Second, fasteners. I have ARP 420-1402 fasteners for the manifolds already. I noticed my driver’s side ones were a little bent when I did the manifold swap. Can anyone help with which ones I should use for the crossover pipe, manifold to turbo, and down pipe to turbo?

Also, I have the Remflex gaskets for the manifold, turbo to manifold and down pipe to manifold (open design). Any reason not to use these?

Thanks in advance!!

Update. Looks like my new turbo has the studs in the turbo, so I just need the nuts. But, any help on the rest is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Remflex gaskets work great but they are not reusable so do not install them until you are certain those parts are not coming back off and follow the recommended torque, they don't take much. If the manifolds are not leaking i would leave them alone for now, although new ones do look nice.