You can type here any text you want

Finaly got to try it out!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BoostedBug

Contents Under Pressure
This is just a little kill but was fun. I bought this 87 Limited off of this forum Last Monday. Had to have the transmission built as soon as I got it. I got the car back yesterday "Sunday" and was raining like crazy so I had to drive it easy.

Well today it didn't rain. I drove it to work and then down to the DMV for a tag. As I left the DMV i had to stop for a red light about 2 blocks away. Up beside me came a LX 5.0 with the 5 stars and glass hood. Yea it had Flowmasters also "Don't they All?"

Well I wasn't realy paying to much attention to him but I did plan on chirping 2 gear with this nice race built tranny I got. Light turns green and I roll off, the guy in the Mustake stands on it, errr through first , err into second. I said no way ..stood on the Limited and it bust the 255's loose at the mid range of first, at this time I was right at his door. She shifted second and turnd sideways as I passed the Mustake. I started laughing.

We stopped at he next light and he proceeded to ask me.."What is in that thing? I said a V-6. He said yea right ..it sure does make a funny noise...I laughed and drove off.

Simple kill but it was the first for myself in my limited.

i see you have the hotchkis springs. Do you like them.. are they the 1.5 inch lowering springs. hows the ride. I have them also but not installed yet good kill

Love the springs. Yes they do lower it 1.5 and it turns like a gocart on concrete. It is a little stiff of the bumps but I think the bilstiens are doing that.

Originally posted by BoostedBug
Yea it had Flowmasters also "Don't they All?"

When I first changed out the stock exhaust system, I put on Walker Dynomax SuperTurbos. Then eventually replaced them with Bassani Quiet Thunder mufflers. Flowmasters suck.

Originally posted by BoostedBug
This is just a little kill but was fun. I bought this 87 Limited off of this forum Last Monday. Had to have the transmission built as soon as I got it. I got the car back yesterday "Sunday" and was raining like crazy so I had to drive it easy.

Well today it didn't rain. I drove it to work and then down to the DMV for a tag. As I left the DMV i had to stop for a red light about 2 blocks away. Up beside me came a LX 5.0 with the 5 stars and glass hood. Yea it had Flowmasters also "Don't they All?"

Well I wasn't realy paying to much attention to him but I did plan on chirping 2 gear with this nice race built tranny I got. Light turns green and I roll off, the guy in the Mustake stands on it, errr through first , err into second. I said no way ..stood on the Limited and it bust the 255's loose at the mid range of first, at this time I was right at his door. She shifted second and turnd sideways as I passed the Mustake. I started laughing.

We stopped at he next light and he proceeded to ask me.."What is in that thing? I said a V-6. He said yea right ..it sure does make a funny noise...I laughed and drove off.

Simple kill but it was the first for myself in my limited.

Nice kill Steve. Just make sure you keep you and that new toy in one piece. :eek:

i can't believe how many people don't know a turbo buick when they see one. how can you plan on racing people in the street and not know that you just cant fu(k with a buick with a bump on the hood!!!(especially when right on the hood, it says "3.8 SFI TURBO")

Nice kill though

Orion681...To be fare to this guy I don't have the emblems on my hood...nor does it say turbo anywhere on it. I do have the Bump hood..Guess people only think the fast buicks are the black ones!

Onto the other question.

Hodges Race Cars in Catalua GA did the transmission. He is unreal!

I can't gaurentee you will get the same deal I did but here is what he did for me.

R&R on the Trans.
10 Vein pump,Harden Stator,520 servo, extra clutch in high, new high gear drum, convertor, new tv cable, large trans cooler and all the normal parts like steels clutches and all.
$970.

Works great! shifts hard and I love it. I did not have to touch anything.... Drop it off and pick it up!

Back