You can type here any text you want

First Car Show- Had to smirk

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

horndog

Besides the happiness killer in reading the Brian vs. Clay thread...

As a proud owner of a new GN(of 3 weeks), I wanted to take it to car shows or drive-in events.
Last night there was a small one at a local "bistro" that I went to and also pick my wife up a sandwhich(see no guilt trip).
I arrive there, and park in the parking lot with kind of the notion that I would like my car displayed but maybe not?
The owner of the shop comes rushing up to me (have you ever seen an 80 yr old smoker run?) to ask me if I would like to display the car.

I said sure, but I need to get a sandwhich for my wife and only be here for a short while. He says great!
I pull the car in the display area of the parking lot, popped the hood and walked inside to get my wife her sandwhich.
As I am waiting to place my order, I turned around and looked outside and saw about 8 people standing around my car! I had a huge smile I was trying to hold back.

I got the sandwhich, and proceeded outside and was bombarded by the owner again along with a few guys that were asking non-stop questions, and comments on how nice the car is.

I was thinking, was it all the racing gas fumes from when I pulled up that attracted them?

It was good a good feeling, now I just need to finish a few things on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130602_134520_269.jpg
    IMG_20130602_134520_269.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 231
After I got my GN back together a couple years ago it got a ton of attention at car shows. The funny thing is that even though it was mechanically done, the paint was shot and so was the interior. Not that it is finished it does not get as much attention. I think some of that is due to the fact that it is completely debadged. I have new trunk and fender badges on the way though.

Beautiful car and we all love the attention they get. Just make sure you have a few quick ways to disable (security measures) it while on the quick little stops. Its so easy to forget.
Enjoy
Ronnie

Beautiful car and we all love the attention they get. Just make sure you have a few quick ways to disable (security measures) it while on the quick little stops. Its so easy to forget.
Enjoy
Ronnie
Do tell

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

There are many ways to aid in securing your GN. But we tend to not discuss them in detail, in open threads. But fuel cut offs/ ways to break ignition circuits. Kirbans has a mystery devise that is effective. Basically some type of theft prevention.

There are many ways to aid in securing your GN. But we tend to not discuss them in detail, in open threads. But fuel cut offs/ ways to break ignition circuits. Kirbans has a mystery devise that is effective. Basically some type of theft prevention.
Thanks... I will look into it

Your GN looks great. It's nice to have those people around that know some things about turbo Buicks. The fun really starts though when you have someone looking at your engine and asks you if the car still has a V6 in it??

Your GN looks great. It's nice to have those people around that know some things about turbo Buicks. The fun really starts though when you have someone looking at your engine and asks you if the car still has a V6 in it??

Thanks! I was asked 21 questions that had an 1986 Monte Carlo SS. With the beautiful Maroon exterior and the maroon Interior. J/K I hate maroon or red interior.

Hey man, glad to hear you're enjoying your car. It looks really nice. Any interior/underhood shots?

He's hooked!!!!!

Just open wallet and continue to smirk. Ha, ha, ha....

Mikey

He's hooked!!!!!

Just open wallet and continue to smirk. Ha, ha, ha....

Mikey
Not too bad so far... Just had the radio replaced as it was blown, and all the speakers, as I can only take the exhaust drone for so long :)
I also just bought:
RJC boost controller
rear seat brace
t-top anti-rattle weather stripping

I my slotted changes:

The door pull strap screw cover
dash pad screws
exterior emblems (previous owner is digging for them)
T-top interior plastic trim that goes along the passenger A-pillar(or is it called B-Pillar??)
fix the stuck seat belts as they don't retract very well
new visors and hinges
trunk liner, just to have it look nicer :D
something called traction? LOL
TCC solenoid acting up, maybe just unplug it?
Turbo Tweak chip is on its way as the current chip is a Pitbull or something

Nice car, When I first bought my T type it was black couldn't go anywhere with it without hearing a story about they had or new someone that had one and some other pretty wild tall tells.car wash or gas station had to be done later in the evening .Im just not a attention getter.nothing wrong with that but after 30 years of painting and showing cars It's nice to just cruise around and relax.The funny thing after I drove the car across country and started checking thinks out (paint code) I realized it was a rosewood car, restored back to original color now when I cruise around I hardly get a second look except once in a while someone will say nice monte you have there or ask to buy it.Funny how the color black is associated with the GN's Hell I kind of miss the attention now LOL. not meaning to step on your thread.You have a nice car!

Nice car, When I first bought my T type it was black couldn't go anywhere with it without hearing a story about they had or new someone that had one and some other pretty wild tall tells.car wash or gas station had to be done later in the evening .Im just not a attention getter.nothing wrong with that but after 30 years of painting and showing cars It's nice to just cruise around and relax.The funny thing after I drove the car across country and started checking thinks out (paint code) I realized it was a rosewood car, restored back to original color now when I cruise around I hardly get a second look except once in a while someone will say nice monte you have there or ask to buy it.Funny how the color black is associated with the GN's Hell I kind of miss the attention now LOL. not meaning to step on your thread.You have a nice car!

No problem! Always good to hear stories

Back