You can type here any text you want

First Kill with the TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

Well finaly got some one to run me that was some what fair. Well it was a late 80's early 90's fox body mustang. Sounded healthy, but any mustang with a cat back sounds that way. Well I guess people in tucson never want to run from a dead dig. So I ran this mustang from a 20 roll. He was rolling down a gear already and then he hammered it I was right there then boost kicked in and I pulled him bad. With in like 5 second I had a car on him and shut it down. He just drove off and wouldn't let me get next to him again. Sucker bet he was suprised whe a stock looking third gen spanked him.

I get the same response from those 80s Mustang guys. When you try to line up on them they dont want any part of it...but they will initiate when you are not expecting...or when they are already ahead of you on a 1 laner :(

The 89-92 LX was a great car...but a lot of these guys are still believing the hype from their 5.0 Magazines about a few articles floating around that came out way back in the 80s regarding some "freak" factory quick LXs that could pull 13.9 / 14 flat on 1/4. These guys believe that it means that ALL late 80s Fox bodies run these numbers....wrong! Not sure about you....but my money is on the 87 GNs, TTAs, L98 IROCs/Z-28s.

Dude, you're in Tucson? Wanna go cruise sometime? That is, if you don't mind hanging with a Stang.

Originally posted by stroked347
Actually, you should put your money where your mouth is

No problemo! I'd put my $ on a comparably hopped up TTA any day. Lotsa guys runnin' 11's with less than $1,000 in mods from the factory original set-up. How many and what year Mudstains can claim that? :confused:
3Rides.jpg

I don't know if your TTA has the pace decals or TURBO badges on the sides but I've had a few potential victims get scared off after reading TURBO TRANS AM on the fender. There's a few guys running around without either of those markings. They'll go so far as to put electrical tape over the TURBO under the rear bird for a completely stealth look. I'm curious how many more races I'd scare up in total stealth mode around here.

stroked347 - you should come to detroit. and lose some money :)

hell you can even stay at my house, because im gonna take all yer cash. :P

Wow, i feel so threatened. If it takes a 1k to go 11's, then why are you going 12.9? Now, take your foot out of your mouth. There are ways to go 11.9 with about 1k. Its with a lil blue bottle your so deathly afraid of.

Originally posted by stroked347
Wow, i feel so threatened. If it takes a 1k to go 11's, then why are you going 12.9? Now, take your foot out of your mouth. There are ways to go 11.9 with about 1k. Its with a lil blue bottle your so deathly afraid of.

Threatened?? Whos' threatening anyone? :rolleyes:

I didn't say I put $1,000 into my car, I said "some guys" (no foot in mouth), read more carefully. Not that I need to explain, but I'm satisfied with my time considering the 3 mods from stock I've done. I don't feel right modding out a rare car like a TTA, some guys do. Mudstains on the other hand are a dime a dozen, destroy'em and just find another.

In my opinion the blue bottle is an very ersatz way of getting power. Not to mention it's a misdemeanor just having it hooked up while driving around. Good way to get the car impounded.

This discussion seems to be a fishing expedition for an argument. I'm outta here....enjoy...

yeah when ever I am lining up for a race I see the other guy look directly at that damn TURBO on the side then they either back down or just stay away. I am going to look in to semething to cover that up. I do live in Tucson I you wan to hook up some time just PM me and I will get back to you.

Hunter

when im out in the GN, people are scared of me. I gotta figure out a way to hide the fact that it's a GN. hey wait, ill buy that sleeper on ebay with the wire wheels and chrome.

I own a '90 IROC that went 14.20's@100 Bone Stock! down to the Potenza tires. I have a time slips to prove it. But my buddy's GN would still pull me on top every time...also Bone Stock! both with auto transes and stock gears.
Not all Pony boys believed the hype, especially ones that ran one of the healthy L98's/Gn's/TTA's. ;)
No flames just facts.:)

Originally posted by 90rocz
I own a '90 IROC that went 14.20's@100 Bone Stock! down to the Potenza tires. I have a time slips to prove it. But my buddy's GN would still pull me on top every time...also Bone Stock! both with auto transes and stock gears.
Not all Pony boys believed the hype, especially ones that ran one of the healthy L98's/Gn's/TTA's. ;)
No flames just facts.:)

Hey, that's completely believable to me. Talk's cheap, the proof's in the pudding :D :

http://www.krif.com/tta/TTA/GNvsIROC.jpg

Originally posted by boogerlizard
if not me i can call donny and i can guarnatee i will take your $...

Oh yea?... My dad's got a buddy who knows this guy who has an uncle and his sister's boyfriend's buddy has an adopted son that has an awsome ride. I'll call him and guaranted he'll take your $ So there! :rolleyes: Give me a break.

I hate to dig up a thread thats already died, but are we talking about Donny that owns a couple mustangs, and used to work at Western Auto? (I work there) Just curious.

And as for the debate... why do you Mustang boys come to a Buick board talking trash? You dont see me in Mustang boards talking trash. Stop being so cocky. On top of that, that blue bottle is shameful.

And as for the bottle.. thats f**king sad that every Mustang I see at the track is on the bottle. We dont need a bottle. We have boost. Swap out that stupidass nitrous and toss in a Vortech or something and we'll be on the same plane. Boost for boost.

Leave the "NOS" for the slow as imports. It doesnt help them too much anyway. Seriously, its getting down to the point where rice is everywhere, and us domestics need to stick together. Stop acting like such d!cks.

Back