First real time to the track

The Granny

in reality this is my second time, however the first time was rushed when i got my car back from getting the rear end built and the car had a lot of things wrong with it, like a converter that wasn't matched to the combo, exhaust leak at the exhaust housing on the turbo, etc... anyways, got the big issues taken care of and took it out to the track last night. made 3 passes, the last one was the best but still not great.

i've got an electric tbrake in my 200r4, so i have to have the shifter in manual 1st to engage it. so i just idle into the beams, wait for the light to turn on them get on the brake and get to 12psi and let go. the goal last night was to get a feel for the car, being my first real time driving at the track. so on the launch, the datalogger shows i lift off the throttle to 30% immediately then get back on it. cut a 1.52 60', and ran a 7.0@85 mph in the 1/8th mile. it's definitely not breaking any records with these numbers, but considering my dads fastest pass ever back in the day was a 7.25 in the 1/8th it's pretty cool to beat it my first real time out. he cut a 1.41 60' on that run, so that's my goal next time out is to chop the 60' down.

all across the run my a/f was off from its target, being +/- .5 at most points. occasionally more. most of the time, it was in the + range indicating it was lean. last time i drove the car and had the fueling dialed in was in the summer in close to 100°F weather, and the track temp last night was 75°F so it's something i should've accounted for before hand but didn't. the car is still on a base tune from Cal Hartline, from when i bought the XFI from him.

suspension can still be tuned also. i haven't touched any of the settings on my shocks, so i can dial in the launch even better later on.

my build info can be found here: boostedrps.com/john

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good ET for your first time...congrats! Your MPH is way off from your ET. At 7 flat it should be 100 MPH. When you get it sorted out, you're gonna have a monster on your hands. Keep at it.

Good ET for your first time...congrats! Your MPH is way off from your ET. At 7 flat it should be 100 MPH. When you get it sorted out, you're gonna have a monster on your hands. Keep at it.

thanks man! yeah i messed up the shifts on every pass, and had a couple other small issues with it. But i took it out on the street the day after the track to get more comfortable and more data, and i was able to get the a/f ratio much closer to its target, and able to get a clean pass with the correct shifts in so i feel super comfortable with the car now!

i only left at 5 psi on this hit too and it moved out! it was 50°F out and that was a bare concrete road

Last edited:
Practice makes perfect, keep at it. The transbrake is a beautiful thing. I underestimated how hard it would hit the very first time I tried it at the track. I didn't use the chin strap on my helmet, and boy did I regret that. When I let go of the button, the initial shock rag dolled me in the car and the bottom part of my helmet hit me in the face giving me a bleeding nose. lol

Practice makes perfect, keep at it. The transbrake is a beautiful thing. I underestimated how hard it would hit the very first time I tried it at the track. I didn't use the chin strap on my helmet, and boy did I regret that. When I let go of the button, the initial shock rag dolled me in the car and the bottom part of my helmet hit me in the face giving me a bleeding nose. lol

Yikes.. yeah i don't want that happening. lol. my helmet is snug without the strap but i'll definitely be strapping it down from. ow on. I feel comfortable now with the car, and can't wait to get out again!! I've got a tuning session with Bison 12/2, so i don't plan ongoing between now and then. I'm going to make sure the car is squared away and i throw all the transducers i have on so at the session, we can get the most data possible

Your 1 to 2 shift does not sound good, it is not sharp and soon the clutches will give you problems.

Nice. Just saw this. I had my T at HMP yesterday.
thanks man
Your 1 to 2 shift does not sound good, it is not sharp and soon the clutches will give you problems.
i have an electric tbrake in my 200r4 that requires me to be in manual 1st to engage it. being the first time to the track and first time letting off of it i was shocked by how fast it shot out of the hole and forgot to shift it out of 1st gear. did that for the two passes before this one, on this one i remembered but i still shifted late. probably around 6500 if i remember right? way higher than where i should be shifting

Last edited: