You can type here any text you want

First runs with the TTA 1 win 1 lose

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dthrock

Decided to put the GN in the garage and take out the wifes TTA tonight before she gets back into town tomorrow. I went out to the local Sonic and there were a ton of LS1's and Mustangs out. We sat around and BSed for a while and after a large bottle of water and a chocolate shake it was time for a pitstop. I told one of the guys there in a late model camero that I needed to go hit the local Stop & Rob for a nature call and asked if he wanted to run so I could see how the TA was gonna pull. He was up for it so we took off. He had said before we left that he ran about 13.90s. We went from a roll and I put 3 or 4 car lenghts on him.

So we hit the Stop & Rob and there were a few other people there. Another camero there said he was running mid 12s so I asked him if he wanted to go for a run so I could see how the TA was going to pull, knowing full well if he really were running 12s I was probably going to lose pretty badly. So we headed to the access road to I40 and did a couple of runs. After a few false starts we finally got it together and he pulled me by 4 or 5 cars at about 115.

Being the car is almost completely stock I was pretty happy with that. Esp since it has street tires on it and he was running DRs. Anyone want to hazard a guess what kind of times it should run?'

Dave

If your car is running stock boost levels my guesstimate would be high 12's based on what my car ran with similar mods. 3 years ago my car on the original slippery Gatorbacks ran a 12.56 with an 8" K&N, ATR pitbull chip (crap), a Flowmaster muffler and 18psi of boost.

This was when my friend owned it, but I made the 12.56 pass (he couldn't launch the sucker if he had to ;) ). I took the car off his hands in May of this year and since then I have added a Billet AFPR, new Hotwire Kit, Thrasher Chip, RJC Powerplate, Dynomax Ultraflo SS muffler (no more Slowmaster resonance! YAY!), new tires (comp T/A G-Forces, should have gone for DR's out back but oh well, and these hook up pretty darn good), and I've upped the boost to 19.5 psi. Haven't had it back to the track yet.

if you put 4-5 lengths on a 13.9 car ans a mid 12 car put 4-5 on you then i'd say your running 13.5?

I would have to guess low 13's.

You didn't mention what boost or octane you had.

I know mine is only good for high 12's with the crap 91 octane we have around here, but much better with some racegas in the tank.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
I would have to guess low 13's.

You didn't mention what boost or octane you had.

I know mine is only good for high 12's with the crap 91 octane we have around here, but much better with some racegas in the tank.

I was running 90 octane (all we can get) and only 15 pounds of boost so I dont get any knock. Going to order a Powerplate this week so hopefully get a little more out of it.

Dave

Back