You can type here any text you want

First & second dyno run with the Malibu....ever.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
It's not all that great but it's a baseline. :redface: Here's the numbers for straight 93 octane with 17psi of boost. With the boost up to 28 to 30 I feel like 600+ will be seen at the rear wheels. This is with about 400 miles on the engine and transmission. Notice how dangerously LEAN the A/F mixture is. :eek: It would've had a few more horses if it was perfect around 11.5 to 12.0. Mods are listed in my sig. As soon as I learn how to adjust the MAFPro and record a data log file I should be able to put down better numbers.

Here's the VIDEO.

http://members.cox.net/87turbomike/407HP-512TQ-93octane-16-17psi_boost.wmv

strappeddown.jpg

dynosheet.gif

And this is what the HP calculator says it will do. HP is nearing 500 at the flywheel with straight pump gas. No alcohol or other means of additives.

hpcalculator.gif

UPDATE to why it was running lean.

My fuel filter was clogged. I could hardly blow through it. This deserves a triple ---> :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What a great looking car! Your hard work really has made this combination impressive! Congratulations! :D

Vernon,

That car looks great! These numbers on pump gas are good....

Can't wait to see what it puts down when everything is in line.

What are your initial impressions of that new intercooler?

Thanks guys!
I found another problem also. My second fuel pump wasn't working either. :rolleyes: I've got all the problems fixed so now it's time to get back on the dyno for a true HP reading on pump gas.

gnx7,

So far it looks like it gets the job done. Check this chart out I recorded. It shows my temps from about 60 to 95mph. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179028

Wow. Thats lean. Good power tho. It should pick up rather well with the correct AFR. Car looks great on the dyno. Its going to be fun going mid to low 11s on pump gas..LOL

Just as an observation from experience. I like to run my alum headed motors in the 11.3 to 11.6 AFR. The small power increase with a leaner motor is not worth the damage it can cause. Ive also seen them ran richer than that ! And they still make gobs of power.

With the boost turned up should be no problem reaching the 600++ mark. Mine with a tired TSM combo at 29 psi made 643 corrected at the wheel.

Good Luck

Louie L. said:
Its going to be fun going mid to low 11s on pump gas..LOL

Good Luck

You are exactly right! The car will run low 11's or VERY near high 10's. Check out the time slips below. I was headed for 120+ mph on that last run but I slacked off due to the boost getting a little too high. Also look at the boost level. It starts off very low with just 12 and works its way up. I figure once I get that straightened out and not use regular radial tires it may possible to get 10's with traction. My 60' sucked on these runs.

timeslips.jpg

Run 1

12.17at118.GIF

Run 2

11.86.GIF

Back