Flowtech Headers 31554FLT, does anyone know anything about these?

67gsconv

67gsconv
I an working on my '87 turbo t and having to work with a realistic budget. like most of us. My stock headers have been welded and repaired several times. In the past I placed an information request about the exhaust parts I had planned to use but other things have taken priority and the money I had set aside was used for other things. I now have a little money to start this process again. Does anyone know about these headers? The quality, the fitment, ease of installation, the thickness of the flanges ans the tubes. They have these for sale on Summit and Jeg's and there are no customer reviews. I am a little hesitant on purchasing these and any information anyone may have would be greatly appreciated/ Thanks again.

67gsconv

Two things to do here, post in parts wanted or look in parts for sale. Or spend the money and just buy the TA ones. I know they are costly but in opinion worth the money.

They look like old school hooker headers. I wouldn't bother with them.

Either re-work and rebuild some stock headers or go with T/A

Personally I will be running those uber badass Gee M Racing headers from Finland.

These guys offer headers that aren't too far off the cost of new TA Headers, yet can have provisions for an external wastegate plumbed off the header (best way to control boost) and bungs welded for EGT or backpressure sensors/etc.

They work with your stock style downpipe and the "Street' headers with 1 1/2" primaries will work with your heater box and AC.

Currently I am having them make me 3 sets. 1 for myself, 1 for my buddy, and 1 for another friend.

If you are interested in the best set of headers you can buy, with real Stainless Steel metal and quality that is unparalleled, hit me up. I could help you procure a set.

If you want the more economical route, there is a guy on here named Dank GN that has a badass set of ATR headers that he would be willing to share. Those that know about ATR know that they never made junk...and I believe he is selling them for less than one the knockoff-wannabe headers some companies are selling their stuff for.

I an working on my '87 turbo t and having to work with a realistic budget. like most of us. My stock headers have been welded and repaired several times. In the past I placed an information request about the exhaust parts I had planned to use but other things have taken priority and the money I had set aside was used for other things. I now have a little money to start this process again. Does anyone know about these headers? The quality, the fitment, ease of installation, the thickness of the flanges ans the tubes. They have these for sale on Summit and Jeg's and there are no customer reviews. I am a little hesitant on purchasing these and any information anyone may have would be greatly appreciated/ Thanks again.

67gsconv
Those headers are exactly the same as the hooker headers, a bad choice at any level of power. Stock headers are an excellent choice for 80% of engines. Find a good welder to fix them correctly using stainless wire. You can clean up the stock header to flow real well.