Ford 9"

T- Type Tim

Vice Chairman
Whose converted to a ford 9"?
Who built it for you?
How was the install?
Did you convert to disc brakes at the same time?

Looking at moser rear ends at the moment

I bit the bullet and went with TRZ. they built everything for me. I just told them what width I wanted disc disc and they did the rest. Went with there control arms as well. they took care of everything, measured and ordered the axles, center section and gears. All I had to do was assemble, but they could do that for you if you want.

It's wasn't cheap but it was top notch work.

All the serious g body racers use TRZ ( I am by no means a serious racer, but I wanted to build something that I would never need to replace/upgrade again)

Adrian

Quality was good for me from QUICK P but had a bad customer service issue, guy got mad at me because i called him apparently after hours so I wondered why he answered the phone??? Anyway, just my 2 cents...I get a bad taste after something like that so I am out, my business goes elsewhere...

Was the quick performance a complete rear end ? And ready to be installed or did you have to assemble?

Quality was good for me from QUICK P but had a bad customer service issue, guy got mad at me because i called him apparently after hours so I wondered why he answered the phone??? Anyway, just my 2 cents...I get a bad taste after something like that so I am out, my business goes elsewhere...

All my dealings with QP were awesome, sorry to hear you got a bad rep. I got the housing and axle package (bare, no brackets, for an Alston clip), billet side plate, and gears. The guy I dealt with was Brydon Papenberg, he even gave me a billet traction-lok asm after finding that their billet cover was warped and causing me grief on setup...

Sounds like quick performance is the way to go

Moser was around 3600 for an assembled unit with disc brakes

Sounds like quick performance is the way to go

Moser was around 3600 for an assembled unit with disc brakes

Quick performance for the housing and axles. Ford 8 and 9 inch rear ends for the center section.

One word of caution on QP housing... The shock mount is at the wrong angle so you need to add a shim or alter the mount in some way. I have pictures from my install on here somewhere that shows what I did.

I believe I was right around 2600 for everything..

All my dealings with QP were awesome, sorry to hear you got a bad rep. I got the housing and axle package (bare, no brackets, for an Alston clip), billet side plate, and gears. The guy I dealt with was Brydon Papenberg, he even gave me a billet traction-lok asm after finding that their billet cover was warped and causing me grief on setup...

That's the guy I corresponded w/ last yr. I had no idea that he was @ Quick Perf., until I went to the "storefront", on the bag.
I got a chat generated quote from Mike, just yesterday. He emailed it to me.:cool:
There's about $400 diff in the 2 quotes, as Mike included a back brace, Moser axles, a sure nuf Detroit locker, billet yoke, etc. [Approx $2300 vs $2800. The $2800 includes frt. 4 boxes via UPS. You put it together.
He did this as I told him I would be as high as 900-1000FWHP, one of Dusty's converters,[ a 2.48 lo gear, [a ton of torque], and some sticky Mickeys. All wrapped up in a 3800# :poop::shifty:

NE1 want a copy of the quote, shoot me an email.

im running a ford 9 in mine from qp and love it.we made mods to run the hr bar and modded the housing for a drain plug and put the rear together.the housing will raise the stance of the car slightly due to its centersection height.the rear disk upgrade is so much better.

im running a ford 9 in mine from qp and love it.we made mods to run the hr bar and modded the housing for a drain plug and put the rear together.the housing will raise the stance of the car slightly due to its centersection height.the rear disk upgrade is so much better.

I stuck with the 11" drum brakes...this is quite a large improvement just due to the increase in surface area...I also have hydroboost so I didn't feel I needed the disc brakes...car stops on a dime.

Last edited:
Mine stopped real good with the stock drums s10 cylinders stainless brake lines,I was shocked when I drove the car with the rear disks and it was better and brought the car down from speed.foot brake boost building is an area where I thought the drums would be better and the disks surprised me again.i was happy before with the drum mods and even happier with the rear disks.

When you guys swapped to a 9 "...were you able to keep the HR sway bar?
I just ordered a 9" with 3.50 gears , moser non c clip axles,eaton posi,arp 3" studs and disc brakes for 2600 from quick performance.

When you guys swapped to a 9 "...were you able to keep the HR sway bar?
Yes. When I replaced my car's original 10 bolt with a Dana 60, all I had to change were the axle tube brackets (available from H&R) because of the different tube diameter and I was able to reuse the same H&R sway bay I had before the swap. I guess it would be the same with the Ford 9"…

Claude ;)

Moser Axles showed up

IMG_0498.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG

more pics
center section showed up today
any recommendations on what to use when mounting it to housing? gasket? rtv? both?

here it is

IMG_0530.JPG
IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG