Forum doing well I see... What do you guys think?

SinistrV6

Valve Monkey
WooHoo! Finally a Hybrid section!!

Thanks for the new section! Even though I guess all street rods are "Hybrids" in a sense, there are pics of mine at the link in my sig (or just click the "website" button). I'll have some new pics soon. Just got my tires/wheels on. A/R Torque Thrusts 20X8 rear and 17X7 front. Air ride at all four corners.

Thanks again!

Forum doing well I see...What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?
Replies requested.

Bruce
WE4
Tb.com administrator

I was screwin around. Used this merge thread thing as a test. But in all seriousness, what do you guys think?

I Like it. I think it would be cool to show picts and list members Hybrids, perhaps in one thread as someone suggested in another post here.

Then say I have a question about doing an RX7 swap I could look up who has done it, maybe see what they listed and contact them and pick their brain.

Or we could just show off our projects/rides.

Originally posted by olds443
I Like it. I think it would be cool to show picts and list members Hybrids, perhaps in one thread as someone suggested in another post here.

Then say I have a question about doing an RX7 swap I could look up who has done it, maybe see what they listed and contact them and pick their brain.

Or we could just show off our projects/rides.

Same here, having most of the hybrid info consolidated into one forum will make it easier for anyone building, planning or working on any kind of Buick 6 powered hybrid. We will be able to more quickly share info with, and know more likely which members of TB to talk to, rather than weeding through the other forums looking for same.

Building custom Buick 6 powered here, looking forward to posting here .:)

Richard, I want more pictures! Lets go :D

I can't wait to see that car when you're done. :cool:

It's a long way from finished but...

Here's a pic with the wheels and tires on (FINALLY !) That's "ride height" where the pics were taken (front's a little higher than ride height in the pic). With the 'bags deflated it'll be scrapin' the running boards on the tarmac!!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Two kids, shiftwork and a new business venture are taking most (ok, ALL) of my time. But it'll all be worth it.

DOH! Where's the attachment button???? Nutz!

I'll put the pics on the "website". Just click the button.

Why can't I post a pic?:mad:

I like this forum alot. I've actually been lurking around this site for about three years. I finally joined in March so I could use the search feature, but didn't post much. Now I really feel like a "member." This is the very first board I came to look for info when I started my project. This board is full of great people with great knowledge. And now there is a special forum for those of us that tend to do things a little differently!!!!!!!

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
what'ya building TRiv?

A mid engine sports car looking thing, hope to post some kind of pictures of progress soon, intercooled Buick powered of coarse. I see you were planning on building a 65 Riviera with a buick 6 but not sure if you are going to continue? I do have an 85 T-Type Riviera which is nice, but no 65 for sure, though the one thing they both share unfortunatly is a heavy weight bias, oh well, still look good!

Oh the 65 Riv is going to continue, its the 67 Skylark that I'm abandoning due to cost, time and complexity. I expect to be looking for a 65 Riv around this time next year to put the completed motor in in time to get it out for powertour '06 as a long hauler. I'm glad I get promoted in May, I need that extra $900 a month. The car will be a cruiser with the power to make plenty of people look bad but since I refuse to cage it, pillarless cars look stupid with cages, I'll be stuck running 11.5's or slowers as "official" timeslips unless I want to get thrown off after a hero run. Will keep people updated.

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
Oh the 65 Riv is going to continue, its the 67 Skylark that I'm abandoning due to cost, time and complexity. I expect to be looking for a 65 Riv around this time next year to put the completed motor in in time to get it out for powertour '06 as a long hauler. I'm glad I get promoted in May, I need that extra $900 a month. The car will be a cruiser with the power to make plenty of people look bad but since I refuse to cage it, pillarless cars look stupid with cages, I'll be stuck running 11.5's or slowers as "official" timeslips unless I want to get thrown off after a hero run. Will keep people updated.

Still plan on doing any twin turbo experimentation?

Not unless I prove to be a natural born welder, I think I'm going to stick with a single for simplisities sake. If I ever get either the money or the welding skills I would like to go to twins, though by then I think I'll want a SI or SII block if not the new TA.