You can type here any text you want

Front brake upgrades?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Good evening everyone I’m looking for some ideas as to what my options are as to do a brake upgrade for the front of my T that’s isn’t to much coin that will fit in a 15” rim have done bigger shoes and wheel cylinders on the back trying to get the car to hold more boost on the line foot braking the car I’m not ready for a trans brake yet

If you wanna spend a decent amount of cash you can go with a willwood or bear . If you are on a budget the blazer front brakes work really well . I have been running them hard for a year or so .
CFCF76FC-D92E-4955-BC49-717290A8B7D9.jpeg

I will be installing them some time this year.

My vote is wilwood or baer. Prefer Wilwood myself. The blazer conversion helps but doesnt really give you a big gain in brake torque and they are plagued with the sealed hub going out.

Plus to Wilwoods is the 4 piston 12.1" upgrade is still lighter then the factory stuff

Turbo nasty... how much of an issue is the Blazer front hubs? Or has anyone had issues with them?

I am considering doing the Blazer brake conversion and I would buy all new hubs.

My car is a weekend warrior and if I put 2500 miles a year that would be a lot... I can’t imagine I could wear out a hub ever at that pace...

Thanks.

Turbo nasty... how much of an issue is the Blazer front hubs? Or has anyone had issues with them?

I am considering doing the Blazer brake conversion and I would buy all new hubs.

My car is a weekend warrior and if I put 2500 miles a year that would be a lot... I can’t imagine I could wear out a hub ever at that pace...

Thanks.
You will be fine with only that amount of miles a year, I did the Blazer brake conversion 5 or 6 years ago with no issues with the sealed hub bearing. Besides you can purchase a new hub bearing fairly cheap now if it does go out. Or yoy can install the more expensive Timken hub bearing. Evevnif the hub bearing ever did fail, they are easy to change.JMO

Thanks.

They do go out, its a case by case basis. Get new and youll prob be ok. Other than the lil better clamp from the caliper you really arent gaining a ton IMO.

Thanks.

They do go out, its a case by case basis. Get new and youll prob be ok. Other than the lil better clamp from the caliper you really arent gaining a ton IMO.

That’s what I was thinking may save up and buy a Strange kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back