front fillers

27Skulls

Finally got new oem bumper fillers. Now, what do I need to know to paint them the right way? What to clean, prep them with? do I use primer or not? I have a compressor, but need to buy the right spray equipment.
Thanks for any help.

this all depends on what you want to do. if you're just painting fillers, then i'd scuff them up with a red scotch-brite, spay some adhesion promoter on them, and then just paint them with some dupli-color or plasti-kote paint.

if you want to use a gun, then you need to pick a paint system and find what those require, which your paint store guy can help you with. some paints require a flex additive. and oem filler's are urathane (i think) which has many opinions on how to paint.

i use acrylaclean wax and grease remover, which is good to use no matter how you paint.

bulldog use to be the good adhesion promoter. might still be.

Keep with the same paint manufacturer on the flex additive.Found a few times the hard way at times you mix different types and end up with troubles.Acrylaclean is a good choice x2 for cleaning.Primer is iffy,the adhesion promoter is designed to open the pores on the fillers and you usually have a 10-15 minute window for it to be effective.
Other food for thought is to take them over to a shop and have them do it.Had a local Macco shoot my header panel for like $75 they primed and prepped.Make sure on your part the will give some sort of warranty on cracking or lifting.Unless you hit something,which will be noticeable the only other reason for defects would be the prep work/final application.