You can type here any text you want

Fuel line help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbolimited

Bone Stock :)
I need some help from the gurus here. I've got a question about fuel line fittings on a 91 Firebird Formula. I need to make some new fuel lines to run from the chassis (in the picture, driver side inner fender) to the rail and regulator, for my feed and return respectively. I'd like to find fittings to convert to AN, but it isn't critical. Anybody know where I can find the proper female fittings, and the sizes? I believe that the thread sizes for the F-body lines are the same as on the Buick rail, and the style of fitting is the same as on the Buick. Come to think of it, I'm gonna need the male fittings for the rail and regulator too. Shoulda kept the lines off the T-type! thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

• F-body fuel lines.jpg
    F-body fuel lines.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 214
In case ya'll didn't believe me, it is Buick powered...

Attachments

• misc 004.jpg
    misc 004.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 222
re fittings

Those look like the same as the power steering line line connectors?

I ended up just running a new -8 stainless line all the way fromt he rail to the tank and cut of the end of the hard return line ad clamped on some rubber hose.

Do you ahve the orginal lines that attached here? It would be easier to adapt at the end of those.

Maybe a turbo TA guys can help better.

Good luck.

I've still got the old lines from the F-body. They're rubber, and much too short (not to mention they are female on both sides). I guess I need to find out if the stock fuel fittings I have can be removed and reused. I'll still need a new straight fitting for the rail and a 90 for the regulator.

Aren't the power steering fittings the same size? The two fuel fittings are two different sizes. Thanks!!

Consider cutting the ends off your existing lines and using good stainless steel compression unions to add enough new steel line in so the rubber hoses will fit correctly. That's what I did on my S-10 swap...

Do you still have the GN lines? You should be able to use them. You may have to remove the bolts holding down the lines and move them closer.
Steve K.

You can do it a couple of ways.

Advance makes fuel line patch kits. I'm prity sure they'll work on our GN rails. I could take my spare rail and check tomorrow and get the Part number if you'd like.
You could put in the patch kit which will bolt directly to the rail Inlet/return and then get some AN fittings brazed on at your local hose fitting place. That's what I do anyway. Then you've got flexable line that's not going to get you in trouble at the Tech inspectors zone.
You can get the union/AN fittings to adapt your stock F-body lines to AN style.

I had to run -10feed and 8 return on my 86 Camaro. Using the Aeromtive external pump and regulator.

Going to Nationals? That'll be cool to have several down there!
~Scott

I'd try giving Johns Performance a call and see if he has 89 turbo trans am fuel lines, the hard lines go from the fuel rail/regulator over the drivers side valve cover and the rubber lines are similar to what you had stock but with 90* bends on one end to turn up to the valve cover area.

I dunno if those parts are still around but thats how I did my return line(my feed is a -10 line from an Aeromotive A1000 pump)

HTH,
Steve

Thanks for all the help guys. I found a shop to braze on some AN fittings to my stock female o-ring fittings. That ought to do the trick - now for the wiring...

I had sincerely intended to bring the red car to the Nats. However, it turns out the wife is expecting, and the due date is May 10. So, not looking like I'll make it this year. Will be my first abscence in 7 years. :(

Funny about the drop light. I have a love hate relationship with mine. seems like those silly hooks are always getting caught when they shouldn't, and never hold when they should.

Back