fuel lines

Sherif

Currently getting my fuel system set up while the body is off the frame, im starting to have second thoughts about the stainless braided AN lines i was going to run. I would like to make the fuel lines myself (which is why I bought the PTFE AN lines) as opposed to buying a complete kit. I have -8AN feed and -6AN return. Has anyone had any issues with the PTFE or Nitrile rubber AN lines running e85? I dont want to have to re-do the lines in a year or two if the lines corrode or spring a leak. Any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated.

PTFE lines for sure, no smell and made for alchohol

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

That's good to hear because i have a ton of it! I was doing some research on the PTFE vs Nitrile and there was a substantial amount of negative feedback about the PTFE cracking and causing leaks with e85.

is there any specific types of fuel filters to stay away? Should I be looking for a filter of 10-microns or less

is there any specific types of fuel filters to stay away? Should I be looking for a filter of 10-microns or less
10 is good, AFTER the pump. Put it in an easily accessible location, and keep it clean.

Do you have any recommended filter housings that I could look into? I found one on racetronixs site that looks like a quality peice for the price. What kind are you running?

Last one I used was the Fragola inline, with -8 male fittings on the hsg.
Some are using the Fram cartridge filter, from the farm supply houses.
Try a search.. I think there's info on it.

This is the filter set up that came with my Racetronix kit when I switched to E85 . Use the Wix filter element , not the Fram .
DSCN0193.JPG

filter.PNG

I think racetronix has since changed filter housings to this one I believe. This is the one I was debating going with but i assume it wouldnt matter as long as the filter is made to filter down to 10 microns

Yes , that was 3 years ago , and that Wix filter is rated at 5 or 6 microns . Zero problems with the complete system change over including injectors .

Currently getting my fuel system set up while the body is off the frame, im starting to have second thoughts about the stainless braided AN lines i was going to run. I would like to make the fuel lines myself (which is why I bought the PTFE AN lines) as opposed to buying a complete kit. I have -8AN feed and -6AN return. Has anyone had any issues with the PTFE or Nitrile rubber AN lines running e85? I dont want to have to re-do the lines in a year or two if the lines corrode or spring a leak. Any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated.

Oh crap look who's back in the Turbo Buick world !

I use aeroquip ptfe lines. Best stuff available imo. Also a micro glass filter media. Not a cellulose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of filter housings options are there for a micro glass filter? I’m having a tough time finding much on the filter housings. I might just go with what dynoman mentioned above with the fram HPG1

The filters looked good after being used for E85 . The filter media was all intact with no signs of breaking down , and it is easy to change .

Alright screw it, I’ll just get that one because I can buy replacement wix filters at the auto parts store. I just wanted one that’s little more pretty since I got the time to do it now

For the record , it can be mounted vertical or horizontal if that helps . Mine is mounted horizontal near the stock filter location .