fuel parts list

ScottyG

i was planning on doing a hole new fuel system over winter but my lines are really rusted and the return line just gave out and yea fuel everywhere!! i have a parts list on what i plan on getting! just want to get some opinions on if i should get something esle or what i would need to finish it correctly!! now the parts list

from racetronix = Digital Dash Level Sender G7x,

[URL='http://racetronix.biz/Itemdesc.asp?ic=FPS%2DG7RXP340MAN&eq=&Tp=']Fuel Sender, G7 SS w/340LPH Pump AN Fit
,G7 Fuel Pump Wiring Harness[/URL]

from summitracing = Braided Stainless Steel, -6 AN, 20 ft. Length x2, MISC fittings, im going to reduce the -8 on the sending unit to -6

from TurboTweak = 60lb/hr Injector/Chip Combo for Buick/TTA - Flow Matched. QUESTION NOW! what is the difference between the 5.7 chip and the 6.1 chip? do i need a wideband for it or no? is it better?

from rockauto = Gas tank =SPECTRA PREMIUM / COOLING DEPOT Part # GM307C w/ Filler Neck; 36-1/4 In. x 24-1/4 In. x 8-7/8 In. QUESTION is that the right tank with baffles? STRAPS= SPECTRA PREMIUM / COOLING DEPOT Part # ST06

That is the parts list i got for now!! im i missing anything? anything u guys would add to the list just let me know..

back to the car/plans. since the fuel list looks over kill for a stock car!
its 85 t-type with a 86-87 conversion the car has a little bit bigger turbo/ 3in DP to a 3in single custom exhaust/ vince janis trans/3200 N/L stall. the motor has been rebuilt but dont have documents on it or what has been done to it.. plans are to run between 18-24lbs on 93oct or cam2

thanks Scott

Make sure the hose is PTFE lined so that way the ethanol in fuel doesn't attack it. Most people upgrade to the 8AN size when they need more fuel supply, but as you are just trying to replace rusty lines and don't seem to have big goals in mind the 6AN will probably work, but if it was me I'd run the 8AN and be done with it.

I just installed Racetronix FLK-G7B1 fuel line & filter kit, it takes the hassle out of getting all the lines cut to the right length & are pressure tested. It is a bit pricey but you get all the right fittings from tank to filter to regulator and back to tank. Racetronix makes great stuff but has poor customer service ( only E-mail correspondence) buy it through a vendor here like Full Throttle

no i did not.. i havent order nothing yet just getting a list ready and seeing if anybody has any input

Alright, here's the deal. I have an original fuel take out of a 19,000 mile Grand National. I didn't take the hanger out or look inside of it because it's full of 93 octane gas. I just took it out of my buddies car. If you can come pick it up, it's yours. This will save you some loot and welcome to the board. There's a chance it may have rust in it, but I doubt it. My friend wanted me to put a new fuel pump in his car and he decided on a new tank while it was down putting pump in.

Double check the main fuel feed line where it runs inside of the frame rail, mostly about the cross member area. Twice I've had to repair the main feed line and when pulling it away from the brake line, the brake line then leaked. They were rusted together. Just a heads up to know to watch for this.

RemoveBeforeFlight

thanks but no thanks. i really dont like using use/old fuel stuff.. got any other parts laying around

I have a very nice tank if you need one

The hanger Is good and so is the sender.

pump would need replaced.

let me know if you are interested

thanks but no thanks. i really dont like using use/old fuel stuff.. got any other parts laying around

Yea, I have ported heads, intakes, engines, fuel pumps, all kinds of stuff, but unfortunately it's all had fuel through it so you wouldn't be interested.

lol sorry to hurt ur feeling.. if im going to buy most of the fuel system new i wouldnt cheap out on a 200$ tank.. im not gonna take a chance if u know what i mean.. sorry man. and i prob wouldnt buy some of ur engine parts since they have been modified and i dont know what someone did to them so i guess its a win win than

im sorry to the guys that have used fuel system parts. i will not buy a used tank or sending unit or pump.. sorry again