Fuel pump is dead

hensleyt

Do I replace with another Racetronix or get TT replacement pump? And will TT pump fit my Racetronix sending unit? I sure it will,I have a old Walbro GSS 340. Or any better pumps you recommend.Car is just a 11.5 ET goals

Do I replace with another Racetronix or get TT replacement pump? And will TT pump fit my Racetronix sending unit? I sure it will,I have a old Walbro GSS 340. Or any better pumps you recommend.Car is just a 11.5 ET goals

You can put a DW pump in a Racetronix hanger by trimming the hole at the bottom round instead of oval. I used the old rubber cushion ring as well.
It does take a bit to orient the sock to clear the dog dish in the tank and the sending unit float.
Hopefully these photos will help.

IMG_5457.JPG

IMG_5456.JPG

I saw that pump at ArizonaGN ,did you have to do the vent line to return line mod ?
My vent line was plugged and I couldn’t blow 100psi through it.I have a fuel line running there now,been thinking of replacing all of it with Racetronix fuel line kit ,just seems overkill.

If you use the DW200 (255lph) you will be fine. It's when you run the DW300 (340lph) that sometimes there are problems.
I'm sure Nick can get them, if not Mark at TR Customs is a good source for DW pumps. They both drop ship from the factory in Oklahoma I believe.

The photos are of the DW300 installed that I sold. I decided I didn't want to mess with the fuel lines and am going with a double pumper, so now I need to figure out how to mount the two DW200's on the Racetronix hanger without interference with the tank baffles and sending unit float since the socks don't rotate on the pump.

if thats your only fuel source,then i would go with the bigger and better pumps and mod the return,or a twin pump setup and stage them

Looks like I should be going bigger from what I’m getting from the members.
I’ll check and see what Racetronix wiring upgrade I have on the car tonight.
I’m sure I did some, because it my regular sickness with this car.

I used a DeatschWerks DW300 with 75lb injectors and never had a delivery or return pressure issue, even with stock lines. I still have the pump and it is a good one though cosmetically the finish is worn + I modified the filter sock mounting to work better with the sending unit and our tanks. If you'd like a cheap tryout, I would sell this one for $60 + ship and include a pigtail/install kit.

Attachments

• Deatsch2.JPG
    Deatsch2.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Deatsch3.JPG
    Deatsch3.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 50
Thanks I did put a upgraded harness in for the big pump I’m on the fence right now to which pump to use