Fuel pump to support

turbocamino1

turboholic
I have a 270in. motor on the stand now...gathering parts for the next year, or so, as my 109 still runs well. I have the -6 and -8 lines and most fittings ...time to pick an external,inline pump....i have read what i can find but still somewhat unsure of the best choice. It would need to support the 8-850 flywheel,that i plan to make on pump gas/alky. The magnafuel Protuner 750 says it will support 1200 but it doesnt show or say what it does at 70psi? any suggestion very much appreciated.

Weldon if you can deal with the noise. Also a fuel pump controller to slow it down will help

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I use the Aeromotive Pro. I love it. Never used a pump controller. Thousands of street miles for almost 8 years. Then one time it blew a fuse while cruising. I took it off, sent it in for a rebuild, put it back on, and have had it on ever since. Now it's going to be another 3 years this season.

I run a aeromotive eliminator with no issue. Ran it with and without a controller. Wish I went pro series now but I'm still good with the eliminator.

I run a aeromotive eliminator with no issue. Ran it with and without a controller. Wish I went pro series now but I'm still good with the eliminator.

Pro regulator, and 160lb injectors, I figured go big the first time. Ya never know......may want to try E-85.

Pro regulator and 160 billets here. E85 and e98 here..

Pro regulator and 160 billets here. E85 and e98 here..

Cool! I guess that eliminator puts out nicely. Are you close to running out of pump with the E-Fuel?
Is this why your thinking of the pro?

Not yet. I have 2 fuel pressure transducers wired so I can see when it starts to fall off. I have one at the rail and one pre filter about 16 inches from the pump.

Ran e98 at over 600 rwhp with what I believe lots of pump left.

Weldon makes a 1100A that is a good reliable pump. Says it supports a 1000hp. No controllers required and is extremely quiet when mounted properly. I had this on my car when I just installed my Staged motor in my Buick and liked it.

some great suggestions...thanks.. from the Weldon site> 1100 hp Inj/1300 hp Carb CAPACITY/Range:
135 GPH/510 LPH/0-95 PSI< ... I like quiet and the price is good. I know theres a mathmatic equation to determine what these numbers support at around 70 psi....i just dont know what that is? If someone said they had it on a dyno and it kept up at 'x' Hp...that would be ok too. 80 lb injectors,93/alky... Theres no E85 near me. Mike..you said 'you liked it'... did it keep Brutus,or Bart, happy on pump/alky?

some great suggestions...thanks.. from the Weldon site> 1100 hp Inj/1300 hp Carb CAPACITY/Range:
135 GPH/510 LPH/0-95 PSI< ... I like quiet and the price is good. I know theres a mathmatic equation to determine what these numbers support at around 70 psi....i just dont know what that is? If someone said they had it on a dyno and it kept up at 'x' Hp...that would be ok too. 80 lb injectors,93/alky... Theres no E85 near me. Mike..you said 'you liked it'... did it keep Brutus,or Bart, happy on pump/alky?

Unfortunately when I had it at the time, I was not comfortable with my tuning abilities on pump gas and alky, so didn't use it under those conditions although the alky was on the car at the time. I started using the alky when we flew Cal Hartline in to tune our cars (I had a noisey 2025A Weldon on my car then). From that time forward since Cal gave me a good base to work with, I have sharpened my skills in that department. I did make 750 rear wheel hp with that pump at a 88% duty cycle with my base being set at 45 psi on C16 and no alky. If I was to introduce alky to that the injector duty cycle would probably be around 68%. Definitely would be more than enough for your setup with lots of room for growth.

Mike , to be clear .."Definitely would be more than enough for your setup with lots of room for growth." ...are you referring to the 2025A or the 1000A ?

I have a 270in. motor on the stand now...gathering parts for the next year, or so, as my 109 still runs well. I have the -6 and -8 lines and most fittings ...time to pick an external,inline pump....i have read what i can find but still somewhat unsure of the best choice. It would need to support the 8-850 flywheel,that i plan to make on pump gas/alky. The magnafuel Protuner 750 says it will support 1200 but it doesnt show or say what it does at 70psi? any suggestion very much appreciated.

I have an Aeromotive A1000 with the filters for sale. It's practically new with just 300 miles of use.

Attachments

• IMG_6483.JPG
    IMG_6483.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
Mike, do you run any kind of hot wire kit with that pump. All i had under my car was one wire so when i installed my engine i ran it directly to the fuse box, no realys, nothing. Im not to comfortable with this but i dont know what else to do. Thanks Gene.

Chris, why you selling? How much you asking? I have the same pump already but this thing is loud as hell. Just curious if this why your not keeping it. Thanks Gene

Hi Gene,
nothing wrong with it at all. In fact it's practically new. I used it for three months and approx. 300 miles. I had a motor built and I'm going to use e85 and I need a stronger pump. You say yours is loud? Mine wasn't that loud at all, or at least I didn't think so.
I would sell it for $300. Filters and pump is about $700. The filters alone cost $300. It's just sitting on my dining room table and has been for the past three years. Kinda tired of looking at it..... It's a great pump and I would only ever use an external pump.....know matter what my set-up is, but try explaining that to people on this board. Appreciate the questions.

Mike, do you run any kind of hot wire kit with that pump. All i had under my car was one wire so when i installed my engine i ran it directly to the fuse box, no realys, nothing. Im not to comfortable with this but i dont know what else to do. Thanks Gene.
My battery is in the back. So I run a big ass wire through a relay, directly to the pump. At the battery, I use a 30 amp fuse. I use the old factory fuel pump wIre as the tickle wire wire for the relay. So yes, it's kind of like making your own hot wire kit.

I gues you can skip the relay part and run the wire through a switch. There won't be any automated computer control. Then you would have to turn it on and off yourself. Many have done this as well. Hide the switch in the car and it will double as a theft deterrent.

I just installed a boost a pump . I used the hot wire as the power to the boost a pump then spliced in the fuel pump wire to the boost a pump . Hopefully it will give my pump alil more

Attachments

• IMG_8348.JPG
    IMG_8348.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 118