Fuel tanks: Kirban vs Gbody parts

T- Type Tim

Vice Chairman
Thinking about replacing the fuel tank. The plastic baffles have some cracks that may become a problem later. I 've had a failure in my truck when the baffles broke and wiped out the sending unit.

So, once again, i ask , any input or experience with these 2 fuel tanks, most importantly the baffle set up.

Kirbans:
1542331117877.png

Gbodyparts:
1542331177934.png

These may very well be the same?
All input appreciated

thx

Tim

I am also looking for a fuel tank and from what I found the Spectra 307c is correct and it's on sale at a summit Racing now
Screenshot_20181112-152949.png

I have a circa 1998 307C tank that only has the dog dish and is slower to fill- it triggers the safety stop on the pump if on highest flow.

No spectra tanks have a baffle as tall as stock. Theres been issues with the pump losing pickup when less than a half of a tank and going WOT.

i was told the early 307c tanks only had the dog dish and were not correct but the newer 307c tanks are correct . any way you can post a pic of your 307c tank

I can tomorrow. It has the dog dish with baffling. Not like the stock tank but there is some.

I lived with the dog dish for 15 years by keeping the tank full. When my tank sprung a leak the GM tank was still available but it was over $1K in today's dollars! This year since I was replacing the original pump( yep -30yrs) I now installed the 307C ( free prime shipping) . No argument that the original tank is best but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Been that way since I owned it. Have to hang the nozzle out with just a couple of inches in the filler.