Full Throttle Feedback

87Limitedwo2

Mar 25, 2010
Chestertown Maryland
On Monday 10/14/19 I ordered and angled valve cover breather from Full Throttle. Order was processed shortly after noon. I actually got a call from Marianne to make sure they sent the one I wanted (for stock valve covers). I thought it funny the order was not followed by an tracking number but I let it ride.

On Monday the 21st (a full week later) I called. Marianne said it never shipped for some reason. Of course my card was charged. She said I would have it by Wednesday.

On Wednesday I called and asked for an update as USPS had already been here and no Breather. She looked up the tracing and said it was in route. I asked her to send me the tracking number in an email and it was never sent.

On Thursday I called again after USPS had been here and no breather. Same thing only this time she read me the tracking number. I looked it up and the first recorded interaction was October 25th which is this past Wednesday.

Projected delivery is this Saturday the 26th. I cannot begin to express my displeasure with the customer service there at Full Throttle. They had the part in stock (so I was told), didn't ship it for an entire week and probably wouldn't have unless I called to ask about it and still didn't get it out for 2 more days.

I think it should have been at least 2nd day aired on Monday the 21st if not overnight-ed. I realize its only a $50 part but I promise you this, I will NEVER order from Full Throttle again and I have 2 TR's and am looking for a 3rd.

I operate my own repair business and understand customer service.

I have had nothing but EXCELLENT experience with HighWay Stars, Kirbans, Pete Hoffman (Power Master Repair), and Anderson's.

Lastly, if you look on HighWay Stars website, go to the seat cover pages and the Maroon seat-covers pictured are actual pictures of my White TR. I sent them those pictures.

I hope this helps others.

Reactions: WarWagon

KC87

Feb 11, 2009
JMHO but this seems to be their MO for quite sometime. 11 or so years ago ordered the Translator and LT-1 maf, was told by the lady it would ship that afternoon and my card was "immediately" charged. Anyway, after 3 weeks and a few phone calls seems they never had them and were waiting on the supplier to make a run of them. Why not just say that instead of all the bs lies. Needless to say I never bought from them again.
One thing about others like Kirban's is when you order she'll tell you right then if its in stock. Typical business philosophy by some to step over the hundred dollar bill to pick up a dime. No thanks fts.

Reactions: 87Limitedwo2

87Limitedwo2

Mar 25, 2010
Chestertown Maryland
RJC has the same VC breather, but I see FT on FB a lot, and they are closer to me so I picked them. I most certainly feel bad for them about the shitty customer service----which looks more like a choice than a mistake from my perspective. Anderson's is 20 minutes from me and I am soooo grateful they have turned out to be insanely honest and trustworthy. They guy there Jeff (AKA FatNat on here) that does their used parts said: the TB Community is a small community and you have to be doing things right or it gets out quick. I have spent thousands with them and never had a bad experience.

Reactions: WarWagon

SpeedRacerX

Jan 20, 2014
Southern NJ
On Monday 10/14/19 I ordered and angled valve cover breather from Full Throttle. Order was processed shortly after noon. I actually got a call from Marianne to make sure they sent the one I wanted (for stock valve covers). I thought it funny the order was not followed by an tracking number but I let it ride.

On Monday the 21st (a full week later) I called. Marianne said it never shipped for some reason. Of course my card was charged. She said I would have it by Wednesday.

On Wednesday I called and asked for an update as USPS had already been here and no Breather. She looked up the tracing and said it was in route. I asked her to send me the tracking number in an email and it was never sent.

On Thursday I called again after USPS had been here and no breather. Same thing only this time she read me the tracking number. I looked it up and the first recorded interaction was October 25th which is this past Wednesday.

Projected delivery is this Saturday the 26th. I cannot begin to express my displeasure with the customer service there at Full Throttle. They had the part in stock (so I was told), didn't ship it for an entire week and probably wouldn't have unless I called to ask about it and still didn't get it out for 2 more days.

I think it should have been at least 2nd day aired on Monday the 21st if not overnight-ed. I realize its only a $50 part but I promise you this, I will NEVER order from Full Throttle again and I have 2 TR's and am looking for a 3rd.

I operate my own repair business and understand customer service.

I have had nothing but EXCELLENT experience with HighWay Stars, Kirbans, Pete Hoffman (Power Master Repair), and Anderson's.

Lastly, if you look on HighWay Stars website, go to the seat cover pages and the Maroon seat-covers pictured are actual pictures of my White TR. I sent them those pictures.

I hope this helps others.
I had a similar experience with FTS. I don't regret spending a bunch with Bison this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BuicksBad

Life Long GN fanatic
Apr 10, 2019
Dang, I bailed on Full Throttle almost 15 years ago, how are they still relevant? New shoppers I guess.

T- Type Tim

Vice Chairman
Jul 8, 2001
Chandler AZ
I’ve seemed to avoid purchasing anything from full throttle for some reason
As said above kirbans has been great and they make good on their name.

Highway stars has been just as good. Most of my interior parts came from them. Sometimes things don’t go as planned, and they take care of their customers

Mark at TR customs has been a good guy for several years

GN1 and cottons pretty much cover everything else that full throttle would have

All those guys will help you out

BuicksBad

Life Long GN fanatic
Apr 10, 2019
Glad to see Mark @ TR Customs still around after nearly 20 years!

Alot of good guys still out there.

GNVYUS 1

Dec 15, 2002
IL
Unfortunate but this has been my experience too. I've spent the most money with FTS (most throughout 2000s) and after getting back in the game Summer of 2018 this was my experience too but with a $5-600 order. Only difference was after a couple weeks I did a charge back, not waiting for more excuses.

Cottons my new sugar parts daddy, not sure what he looks like but he delivers the goods and is OG GN like me.

Easy fix FTS, just tell the truth upon ordering, give us the option to wait or get it from somewhere else. I would've come back but lie and not be upfront means = You lost every future $. I just spent well over $10k to get my ride back on the road, you would've got most of that part $ = nope. I still have to do a future engine and all suspension, LOL, how $500 can lose $15,000 over future decades.

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Jul 19, 2001
St Paul, MN
I first encountered this with them years back like nearly 20 years ago. I ordered a Gt3255e, THDP (when he was still doing them) and a PTE turbo saver. Card was charged and no turbo...week goes by, 2 weeks go by, no turbo or any parts, now mid way through week 3 I call and ask about the parts. And was told the turbine housings aren't available and we are waiting for the turbo to send all the parts at once. Would have been nice to hear that up front...it took like a month and a half longer to finally get the turbo made and then got all the parts. In a nutshell, dont charge for parts that you dont have and be up front with customers on things that are on backorder.

SpeedRacerX

Jan 20, 2014
Southern NJ
Not saying this applies to FTS but I've seen situations where you would swear the customers were prefunding the vendor's business. I went through this with a wheel company a couple years back and I had to fight like crazy to get my money refunded. Great for their cashflow and risk mitigation. Not thrilled by this approach but just tell me that up front. It's not like I'm asking you to make me a special carbon fiber part one off or for a first time group buy. I get that case.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jerryl

KC87

Feb 11, 2009
I think FTS' business just went down 50% with this thread alone. Good riddance.

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
Sep 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
They have treated me pretty well through the years. Maybe I'm just lucky or order the right parts, but again, they've treated me well.

That's all I can/will add. Not looking for an argument here.

Last edited:

Dwilc47

Jun 25, 2013
Rochester, NY UPSTATE
I’ve had good and bad experiences. One bad experience was, I asked for help on a pump that was having issues about a warranty on it. It was less than a week out of warranty but they said go to the manufacturer, which is okay but they just didn’t offer up the help like they claimed. I went to a bigger pump eventually. I’ll still buy from them just smaller stuff.

broke

broke
Feb 22, 2011
kansas city
My experience with full throttle has been very good. Guess I’m lucky to. I’ve actually not had an issue with any vendor on here.

michael evans

Feb 27, 2008
Louisville, Kentucky
Unfortunate but this has been my experience too. I've spent the most money with FTS (most throughout 2000s) and after getting back in the game Summer of 2018 this was my experience too but with a $5-600 order. Only difference was after a couple weeks I did a charge back, not waiting for more excuses.

Cottons my new sugar parts daddy, not sure what he looks like but he delivers the goods and is OG GN like me.

Easy fix FTS, just tell the truth upon ordering, give us the option to wait or get it from somewhere else. I would've come back but lie and not be upfront means = You lost every future $. I just spent well over $10k to get my ride back on the road, you would've got most of that part $ = nope. I still have to do a future engine and all suspension, LOL, how $500 can lose $15,000 over future decades.

Having thoughts like this also.

chris romani

Jun 9, 2013
Rockland County N.Y
Same here have been buying stuff from Mike and Mariann for years( big purchases) and never had a problem.I have them ship it to the shop in North Jersey that does my work they know the owner well and have never had a single problem. If I ever had to call about