You can type here any text you want

G-Body seat belts for my chevelle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Does anyone know if ’81-88 G-Body front seat belts would fit my 1968 Chevelle 2 door hard top the same way they would fit a G-Body?

My Chevelle has the over the lap and over the shoulder belts I would like to just bolt on the G-Body seat belts in their place.
What do you guys think?

to much fabrication. I dont know how you would mount the retractor in body .You would have to build some sort of box to mount it in.Who knos how safe they would be.You would have to weld in 4 inch square plates were all bolts mount so they dont rip through floor in a crash. better off buying a harness.Although if you had the time and equipment it would look real cool. I am sure someone make kits for those cars. My friend put all new seatbelts in his 60 chevy.I dont think that car even came with seatbelts. good luck.If you need them. I do have complete set of seatbelts out of an 87 we4 driver is frayed a little .I dont have the bolts most were stuck in floor and strpped.$40 + shipping. they are a little dirty but should clean up.

You are right I forgot about the big box in the rear 1/4s I was just looking at them from a "points" view the chevelle has 3 "points" or mounting locations that resemble the G-Body but I forgot about the retractor :mad:

There's a couple posts about seatbelt options on v8buick.com that mention anchor points for the rear shoulder harness being present. For the front, try here: Untitled Document

Attachments

• JCW seat belt kit.jpg
    JCW seat belt kit.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 170
Back