G-Body T-top Headliner Replacement / Repair

Joeld

In summary here are steps for t-top car.
Purchased "Headliner Material" at joann's (Joann's classifies as "utility fabric") 1 yard would do, I got three, should've measured, you should to, 1 yard should be enough but check.
Removed T-roofs.
Removed two screws from rear trim piece above rear window (did not need to remove clips, thank goodness).
Removed screws on trim across backside of T-tops, between T's and headliner and removed the two trim pieces. Removed the center trim piece between the T's, held up with three push in plastic clips, I will replace as mine sag a bit bet re-used for now.
Removed two screws on trim on B-pillar on both sides to get the trim pushed out of the way.
Removed the brackets that are used to screw in the outside screws on the trim pieces between the T's and the headliner. you'll see the brackets they will be in the way when trying to slide out the headliner.
Then slide out headliner, it has some give so let the middle bow down will give you room to get out with the coat hanger indents. Be sure to push the b-pillar trim out of the way and I used my fingers to pull the rear side window trim away from the headliner right near the B-pillar, it pinches the headliner.
Remove headliner from car.
rip off headliner material.
Use steel wool to wipe off the foam. Others have said scotchbrite pad also works. I think the key is to use something that wears away rather than packs up with the foam, the steel wool worked very well.
Used compressed air to get rid of all dust off the board.
Taped cracks at coat hangers with 120mph tape, all I had.
put cloth over headliner with overhang on all edges. Be sure to work in a very clean area with clean hands, you don't want to dirty up the new material.
Folded in half, sprayed liberally the exposed board and headliner.
laid it down, then did opposite side. Be careful as your fingers will get sticky so take your time and try to handle the sticky side as little as possible.
Then put it all back to together.
Getting cloth into coat hanger ditches was not easy and I got some creases, I'd dry practice a few times.
Good luck, hopefully others can add a bit of advice on the coat hanger ditches.
Joel

In summary here are steps for t-top car.
Purchased "Headliner Material" at joann's (Joann's classifies as "utility fabric") 1 yard would do, I got three, should've measured, you should to, 1 yard should be enough but check.
Removed T-roofs.
Removed two screws from rear trim piece above rear window (did not need to remove clips, thank goodness).
Removed screws on trim across backside of T-tops, between T's and headliner and removed the two trim pieces. Removed the center trim piece between the T's, held up with three push in plastic clips, I will replace as mine sag a bit bet re-used for now.
Removed two screws on trim on B-pillar on both sides to get the trim pushed out of the way.
Removed the brackets that are used to screw in the outside screws on the trim pieces between the T's and the headliner. you'll see the brackets they will be in the way when trying to slide out the headliner.
Then slide out headliner, it has some give so let the middle bow down will give you room to get out with the coat hanger indents. Be sure to push the b-pillar trim out of the way and I used my fingers to pull the rear side window trim away from the headliner right near the B-pillar, it pinches the headliner.
Remove headliner from car.
rip off headliner material.
Use steel wool to wipe off the foam. Others have said scotchbrite pad also works. I think the key is to use something that wears away rather than packs up with the foam, the steel wool worked very well.
Used compressed air to get rid of all dust off the board.
Taped cracks at coat hangers with 120mph tape, all I had.
put cloth over headliner with overhang on all edges. Be sure to work in a very clean area with clean hands, you don't want to dirty up the new material.
Folded in half, sprayed liberally the exposed board and headliner.
laid it down, then did opposite side. Be careful as your fingers will get sticky so take your time and try to handle the sticky side as little as possible.
Then put it all back to together.
Getting cloth into coat hanger ditches was not easy and I got some creases, I'd dry practice a few times.
Good luck, hopefully others can add a bit of advice on the coat hanger ditches.
Joel
When I try to pull it out, about 2 inches comes out then it's stuck on something. What is it stuck on and can you explain in detail what I have to do. Thanks sir.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk