GBody Parts T Top kit ??

TTA81

I recently started replacing all the ttop weatherstrip and ttop trim pieces (rusted) with the ttop kit from Gbody. Has anyone installed these trim pieces? It seems as if the center trim piece which has the metal strip (the ttops slide under this) needs to be riveted. Does anyone know if this attaches to the left or right side of the center trim piece?

Also, can anyone provide detailed pictures of the ttop seals installed? I just want to make sure i put everything back correctly.

Does anyone know where I can get the 3M strip caulk (used to seal open spaces) at? Tried all the local auto parts stores to no avail. Thanks.

I used the same kit from G-Body. The center rail piece splits in the middle and needs to straddle the center section. If you go to one side or the other, there is a chance for water to get in. You will probably have to gently spread it out with a putty knife to get it started. You can drill and rivet it on if you like, I used 3M body panel adhesive on mine and it worked great. Make sure you "dry fit" ALL the pieces before you install them. I had to trim the corners of the center rail bottom piece so the other two pieces would fit properly. Otherwise it was a great fit. HTH---Keith

I have been taking lots of pics as I go.
Let me know if ya need a different/better angle or pics of other then the enter rail section - I may have the view you need.

Hth

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 481
  • 081.jpg
    081.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 417
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 348
I love the rear hanging from the ceiling. If any one has pics start to finish of the install I would love to have a set to use for our site. I would throw in some of our new t-top interior plastic pieces we have had made.