Gbodyparts GNX wheels final images with 19X9.5" rear / 18X9" front

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
This is the look that I prefer and recommend. My setup is a full Viking Coil Over setup with UMI tube suspension front and rear. I use the HR parts drag bar, and a hollow front WS6 sway bar. Nothing too extravagant but it rides well, and performs nicely for what I ask of the car. The stance is where I want it to be. I estimate 2.5" drop in the rear and 2.75" in the front. Here are my alignment settings. I run 5* positive caster, -1* camber and .30" toe in. I run 5 clicks on compression, and 3 on rebound both front and rear. The control of the car is very impressive. The wheels will become available soon, and I will be more than happy to answer any questions on what tires will fit with which wheels, and have tried every combination with at least 1/2 dozen different tire sizes and brands. Tire sizes are 285/35/19 rear & 255/40/18 front. Different brands will give it the look, others with have shoulder roll (tread width differences) and look goofy. The sidewall height from ground to wheel lip is exactly 3" with the different sizes. Contact me for details.

Attachments

• IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 911
  • IMG_1900.JPG
    IMG_1900.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 876
  • IMG_1906.JPG
    IMG_1906.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 844
  • IMG_1886.JPG
    IMG_1886.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,121
  • IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 789
  • IMG_1870.JPG
    IMG_1870.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 834
  • IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1864.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 760
  • IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 720
  • IMG_1869.JPG
    IMG_1869.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 695
  • IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 758
Last edited:
some clearance detail pictures. With the 285 street tire I have .38" clearance to the frame, no notch, and no need for fender roll.

Attachments

• IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    986.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1855.JPG
    IMG_1855.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1904.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 304
some clearance detail pictures. With the 285 street tire I have .38" clearance to the frame, no notch, and no need for fender roll.

How would set up work with corvette z06 C6 front and rear calipers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the good info, helps a lot of US make better decisions on tire size,
oh, and LOOKS AWSOME!

There's a home run. Did you try any drag radials?

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/ne...offer-uhp-precision-and-all-terrain-toughness

This is the tire I am proposing that is used for the Grand National GNX 18" and 19" wheels. (bad intro picture I know!!) I am able to get a wide variety of different brands but you will find that getting a tire that performs well and doesn't wear out on 10,000 miles that doesn't take an arm and leg to buy is very hard to come by.

I am a very picky person, and the best bang for the buck resides with these tires.

360 AA A Utqg (not too shabby)

Michelin, BFG, Continental are double $ in a set of tires.

Set of 4 255/40/18 can be purchased outright (not package deal with wheels) for 575$ delivered with us.

Pair of 2 285/35/18 (rear) and 255/40/18 (front) can be purchased outright for $675 delivered.

Keep in mind, buying the package deal includes installation which adds at least 200$ at most reputable performance tire installation shops. These size tires should not be installed without proper Hunter or Coats large diameter tire installation equipment to keep from stretching the sidewall and beads during install. Bilybob tire down the street that charges 10$ a tire install should not install them. Bulging sidewalls after install and belt separation immediately on install is the leading indicator that they were stretched I am good at install, and these 35 series tires kicked my butt.

Contact me with questions

Is there any reason you think these wouldn't fit a stock suspension ss Monte Carlo?

I think they would fit fine. I would love to see how they would present themselves. I think 19" on the back of a monte would be bad ass.

I think they would fit fine. I would love to see how they would present themselves. I think 19" on the back of a monte would be bad ass.

Honestly, I'm gonna copy a lot of your setup. The stance on your car is perfection. I'll eventually get the UMI goodies as well but was wanting to get the wheels first. The car is an 88 Monte ss, black over saddle interior.

What's your opinion on the stage 4 UMI package? It looks you have some of those parts installed on your car. Main goal for me is street with some autocross action.

Your car looks great btw. I was on the hunt for a GN but found that Monte and had to have it.

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/ne...offer-uhp-precision-and-all-terrain-toughness

This is the tire I am proposing that is used for the Grand National GNX 18" and 19" wheels. (bad intro picture I know!!) I am able to get a wide variety of different brands but you will find that getting a tire that performs well and doesn't wear out on 10,000 miles that doesn't take an arm and leg to buy is very hard to come by.

I am a very picky person, and the best bang for the buck resides with these tires.

360 AA A Utqg (not too shabby)

Michelin, BFG, Continental are double $ in a set of tires.

Set of 4 255/40/18 can be purchased outright (not package deal with wheels) for 575$ delivered with us.

Pair of 2 285/35/18 (rear) and 255/40/18 (front) can be purchased outright for $675 delivered.

Keep in mind, buying the package deal includes installation which adds at least 200$ at most reputable performance tire installation shops. These size tires should not be installed without proper Hunter or Coats large diameter tire installation equipment to keep from stretching the sidewall and beads during install. Bilybob tire down the street that charges 10$ a tire install should not install them. Bulging sidewalls after install and belt separation immediately on install is the leading indicator that they were stretched I am good at install, and these 35 series tires kicked my butt.

Contact me with questions

I'm wheel shopping, have been looking at Gbodyparts wheels, along with a few other options in 17s.

I do not have Facebook, where do I locate your package deals with wheels and tires at?

I Was leaning 18x8 / 18x9 set up, seeing your car it's got me thinking about 19s on rear.

my 87 GN has stock suspension / wheels currently, not notched. I don't wanna notch or roll fenders.

Did you get those center caps from Brian as well - I would like to have the turbo 6 logo instead of the tri Shield, didn't see turbo 6 cap as option.

Look forward to your reply thanks

Any idea if the 19x9.5 will fit on the front ?

I believe the backspacing would need to be 5" - 5 1/8" to work with stock brakes. Depending on what aftermarket brakes you have, you'll need more.
Even with that you'd need to run a small Dia. 255 (255/35-19) [26"] tire at close to stock ride height for there to be no rubbing. The 255's would be really stretched.

Turbo6inKY road races his with 275/35-18's on 9.5" wide wheels in front with minor clearancing at close to stock ride height.
He has aftermarket brakes that require more backspace.

Sorry, but the staight up answer is no.