Mounting Intrepid Fans

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I have the Casper's plug and play but is it any tricks to mounting them ? Thanks as always Fellows

It’s been a few years since I did it, but intrepid fans should fit snugly between the radiator end tanks once you trim the mounting “ears” off them. Easy mod and well worth it.

Cut ears off and add some foam other wise the surround will wear through core over time form vibrations/driving

Keith...if you can keep the thread updated with pictures and whatnot that would be great. I am going to be doing the same thing myself in the next couple of months since I'm moving to a much warmer climate and I don't have much faith the single stock fan will be able to keep up. All the past threads out there have had the pictures wiped since the recovery of the Great Server Fire 2019.

have to fab some zig-zag metal tabs to hold the fan in place, top and bottom. top - using the tabs to connect to the clamps around the A/C lines. bottom like the factory fan used that long sheet metal piece at radiator support bent up lip. pics of that stuff may be cached on google servers if you do a google image search for mounting intrepid fans. the pics would link to the forum here, but the pics are gone.

plenty of good threads with now dead pic links. so ask those that posted pics in the threads to send you the pics they posted...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=installing+intrepid+fans+site:turbobuick.com

@1KWIKSIX did a nice install in 2012, fyi... as did @mgmshar

20180304_154122.jpg
20180304_154122.jpg
20180304_154911.jpg
20180304_154942.jpg
20180304_155329.jpg
20180304_154911.jpg

I just used the little angle brackets from ace with some weather stripping between the radiator and fans.

I used a couple of battery hold down clips at the bottom and made 2 z clips for the top the go to the AC line mounts. Had to trim the ears as mentioned and add some weather strip.

As far as I know, I purchased it in the forsale section as a cleaned out stock radiator. It does have that tube that is plugged sticking out below the cap that wasn't on the one that came in the car. So I'm not a 100 percent sure but it works great, no longer pulling over and letting it cool down when the temps hit 225+.