Glasstek vs Hartline Fiberglass Hood = Glasstek Review Inside

GNVYUS 1

I've had the Glasstek since about 2007-08, this year I noticed two spiderwebs on the hood. One is right on the cowl and the other right in front of it.

The Glasstek doesn't have any underneath bracing like the Hartline so I'm curious.....

Those with the Hartline for over 5+ years, how's the paint holding up on them?

A body guy I just met noticed the Glasstek hood was weak and that the Hartlines he's seen were much sturdier. Before I fix this paint and see the cracks again years later I'm thinking of just going Hartline.

The bolt on Glasstek trunk I have has bumps from buckling. I'd say after 10 years they're starting to show weakness.

Without bracing, the panel is going to move. From what you're describing, I think you're seeing a weakness in the paint, not the part. The paint mix hasn't maintained enough flexibility over the years.

The only way to really tell would be to sand the paint off and see if the part's cracked underneath. If you do keep these parts and have them repainted, they'll need to be stripped back down to the gelcoat anyway. A scuff and shoot over the current paint will crack even sooner.

I've had the Glasstek since about 2007-08, this year I noticed two spiderwebs on the hood. One is right on the cowl and the other right in front of it.

The Glasstek doesn't have any underneath bracing like the Hartline so I'm curious.....

Those with the Hartline for over 5+ years, how's the paint holding up on them?

A body guy I just met noticed the Glasstek hood was weak and that the Hartlines he's seen were much sturdier. Before I fix this paint and see the cracks again years later I'm thinking of just going Hartline.

The bolt on Glasstek trunk I have has bumps from buckling. I'd say after 10 years they're starting to show weakness.
get the hood repainted and call it a day for the next 10 years,its fiberglass.depending on the elements and how hard the car is run determines time and you already own it ;) fiberglass parts are race peices they are supposed to be thin and light.

I'm wondering if what your experiencing is due to heat of not having a proper hood liner on it. The hood liner really protects the paint/hood a lot. The Hartline hood would be better served as it has provisions to retain the factory hood liner. It would also be a good idea to put a turboblanket on if you don't already have one to aid in the longevity of the paint on your hood and the hood itself from warping.

Ya no paint spidering anywhere else except hood.

All parts are coated, turbo, DP, headers but its still eating heat. Maybe I'll just repaint and wait another decade. LOL

Wherever those spider cracks are they will need to be ground out and reglassed if you just sand the paint off use any kind of filler it's coming right back

Do you think it's the hood causing it or the paint?
Sounds like hood.

Hartline hood is great and nothing out there comes close!!!

Only critique I've had on 3 different hoods hear in MN area, is that some spots where the adhesive that holds the inner brace to outer skin has let go and you get some shimmy/vibration in those areas when driving car.
I've used construction adhesive like liquid nails and it has repaired the area and hood is solid again while driving.