You can type here any text you want

GNX instruments, vents and flares

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wmerrell

Does anyone have instructions and/or pictures to install the GNX instrument panel, fender vents and wheel flares?

The vendors instructions and schematics are not comprehensive enough to insure a quality installation.

For example; the wheel flares do not fit snuggly to fenders. What is the gap tolerance between the fender and wheel flares even with the rubber wheel molding?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

GNX Dash / Gauge Installation

Does anyone have instructions and/or pictures to install the GNX instrument panel, fender vents and wheel flares?

The vendors instructions and schematics are not comprehensive enough to insure a quality installation.

For example; the wheel flares do not fit snuggly to fenders. What is the gap tolerance between the fender and wheel flares even with the rubber wheel molding?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Sent you an e-mail.

dave

It's a reproduction. I'll try to find them for you and scan/email them Saturday if you haven't gotten them yet.

edit......thinking about it now, I believe the only instructions I have are for the Casper's plug and play wiring kit for the dash.

I though it was a GM licensed replacement. It doesn't fit very well. I had to hog out the gauge mounting bracket to get the gauge surround to line up properly. The Casper's plug and play wiring instructions and two ASC schematics were helpful. However, the kit could use step by step instructions.

I agree on the fit/alignment issues. My understanding is that the factory GNX instrument clusters had the same issues which could have easily been fixed in the reproductions.

If you haven't completed installation yet make sure you have the right fuel gauge.......mine came with one, I believe, for a mopar fuel sender. Another $40-ish and aggravation that could have been avoided.

Your stock sender should be fine. You need Stewart Warner gauge #82341.

Make sure your gauge is the wrong one first......I don't know if they all went out with the wrong gauge or just a few.

As far as the wheel flares when i installed mine i fit them without the rubber welting strip. Had to trim them in certian spots for a nice tight fit. Then when i installed the welting it was perfect, no gap.

Another board member suggested using a heat gun, pushing the flares strongly and then clamping prior to drilling pilot holes. His technique included starting at the top of the flares and alternating between each side until flush. Did you do something similar?

Back