You can type here any text you want

GNX Oil pressure switch

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BBcallaway

My GNX oil pressure switch has developed a small leak. The switch has 1 connecter, but all the AC Delco people says is should have 3 connecters. Does anybody have a feedback on this?

Thanks

1987 GNX One of the very fortunate.

It's a matter of symatics. ONE connector with THREE pins in it.

where can you obtain one

oil pressure sender that is,
I know there stewart-warner,
but anything special?

Oil pressure switch

My dealer service bulletin shows the GNX oil sender as p/n 12332799 and the 44W shows the sender for GN as p/n 25036378 gp. 1.8. Not sure of the difference between the two.

Oh Snap!!!! That's right, the GNX has a real gauge. Ignore me, I'm an idiot.

Pictured is the GNX sending unit with the "T" fitting....the stock connector is still mounted to the stock sending unit .... one wire is cut from the back of the connector and attached to GNX sending unit shown . So to answer your question only one wire to the GNX sending unit and two are attached to the stock unit.....the original Stewart- Warner part number was 353-BF. I do not think it is available but there may be a replacement for it.:biggrin:

You may be leaking from the "T" fitting!

Attachments

• DSCN0628 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0628 (Small).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 227
Thanks Ray. great picture. Since I have not removed it yet Iwas not sure what the connecter looked like.

oil pressure

Not trying to hijack a thread however im n the process of tracking down a oil pressure issue myself. I have recently cloned an X and just put in the dash assembly now prior to this I had a mechanical autometer oil pressure gage with no problems. So with the X dash and oil sender pt# 279a I noticed my pressure takes a while to come up literaly have to start driving it then it comes up and reads correct but not real smooth. Like I said I know its not the pressure itself because the previuose mechanical was immediate and correct. Im thinking a bad sender what you guys think? and maybe a suggestion on a replacement sender. Like I said once it comes up its correct just not reall smooth,agaian sorry for the the hijack just kinda fell into the same topic. Thanks

Back