GNX ,Prototypes,Parts,Build Info, EXC

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I will be using this thread to share with you some insight in the manufacturing of the vehicles along with some rare if not one off components. Please do not ask if I will be selling any of these items as I will not (sorry). The first pictures are the prototype GNX badges manufactured for several for several of prototype cars. It is made from steel that was lazar cut. The outer silver surround at one time also lazar cut but fell off. So for pictures of the vehicle (from 30 feet away ;) ) it was painted and taped to simulate the periphery of the badge.

Attachments

• DSCN0712.jpg
    DSCN0712.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 5,817
  • DSCN0713.jpg
    DSCN0713.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 5,763
  • DSCN0714.jpg
    DSCN0714.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 5,735
Trans Lines

This is a picture of the prototype trans cooling lines next to the production lines.
I know they look primitive but we had to start some place. The next posting will be the BOM :eek: (Bill of Materials ;) ) basically the GNX modifications on paper.

Attachments

• DSCN0715.jpg
    DSCN0715.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 5,563
Thanks for everyone’s nice comments :redface: ……This is the BOM. The bill of Materials is used to keep track of parts used in the manufacturing of the vehicles. A GNX on paper:D . If parts are changed in Form Fit or Function then a change in the BOM track this event. If you could see the entire BOM it is over 250 items long. The next installment will be a picture of prototype turbo shield.

Attachments

• EPL2WTMK.jpg
    EPL2WTMK.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 5,286
  • EPL1WTMK.jpg
    EPL1WTMK.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 5,254
This is a prototype turbo shield:biggrin: . This shield was not made at ASC and was given to me by the gentleman working with me from McLaren. I do not know the origin of manufacture. It is hard to tell from this pictures but some of the slots in the shield are longer them the production version. The overall shape was carried over to the production shield. The GNX was also cut into the production version. This part was painted gray and you can see in the picture from the inside of the part, that a sliver of material was added to make it longer.

Attachments

• DSCN0720WTMK.JPG
    DSCN0720WTMK.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 5,121
  • DSCN0721WTMK.JPG
    DSCN0721WTMK.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 5,107
  • DSCN0722WTMK.JPG
    DSCN0722WTMK.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 5,066
you should post pics the "hunt" line lock bracket-its almost oem

By popular demand….Line Lock Bracket. (Not a GNX component just a part I made and sold at one time) ;)

Attachments

• DSCN0724.JPG
    DSCN0724.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 5,182
yes i will use new bolts and re paint that before winters over

sorry so ugly but its been with me for a few years now

pics

Attachments

• DSC01464.JPG
    DSC01464.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 5,007
  • DSC01465.jpg
    DSC01465.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 4,967
Yes a GNX PPG Pace car

This is something that I almost forgot:eek: . I was going through some of my boxes in the basement looking for material to add to this thread and I came across this. Yes it is true we built a PPG pace car. This is a copy of the fax that authorized us to start building the vehicle. I wish I had a picture of the finished vehicle but do not….sorry :( . I do remember that it did look cool with the lights.

Attachments

• Pace Carwtmk.jpg
    Pace Carwtmk.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4,953
Any clue where the car is now or what happened to it. Crazy that its floating around with no vin number installed.

No but I am sure it was never titled or driven on public roads…race track only…

how about the ever ellusive astro roof x ;)

any info or history about that subject?

The only vehicle I know that was modified at ASC tech center was GNX 33 the founder Heinze Prechter car (that was just sold). ASC had many franchise facilities that installed sunroofs in any vehicle. There may have been a vehicle modified at one of these facilities but you could have taken any vehicle to one of these outlets and had one put in. This is possible. Sorry that all I know on this subject.