Looking for a company that will re-man/check spec, on ECMs and MAFs

Hot Air Beast

Hot Air Lover
I searched the forum to see if anyone recommended a company that would re-manufacture ECMs and MAFs and didn't find any.

Does anyone know of a company I can send used ECMs and MAFs to, to have them checked and or re-manufactured?

I have three spare used ECMs and I suspect at least one needs the connector/chip pins cleaned. I have three MAFs that I just want checked to make sure they are up to original spec.

Phil's '84

I searched the forum to see if anyone recommended a company that would re-manufacture ECMs and MAFs and didn't find any.

Does anyone know of a company I can send used ECMs and MAFs to, to have them checked and or re-manufactured?

I have three spare used ECMs and I suspect at least one needs the connector/chip pins cleaned. I have three MAFs that I just want checked to make sure they are up to original spec.

Phil's '84
Ya, I'v got a hot air car & have a couple MAF's that need checking and refurbishing, I know the one original to the car is bad and I bought another one that does not work. Would be nice to have them fixed and ready to go when I need one. Keep posting if you have any success.

Thanks - didn't know he did that. I met him once at Dennis Kirban's place. Seemed like a nice guy.

Super nice guy.... he is local to me so I get out to his shop about once a year. Had my car tuned and Dyno’d there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reached out to Richard and he called within minutes - unfortunately they do not do hot air and doesn't know of any company that currently does.

Bummer. :mad: If the 86/87 MAF's can be refurbished, I wonder why the 84/85 MAF's could not be serviced too. Maybe John Spina a Casper's Electronics Inc. knows of someone who can repair / refurbish the Hot Air MAF's.

Bummer. :mad: If the 86/87 MAF's can be refurbished, I wonder why the 84/85 MAF's could not be serviced too. Maybe John Spina a Casper's Electronics Inc. knows of someone who can repair / refurbish the Hot Air MAF's.

Unfortunately the 86/87 refurbished MAFS are trash. As a former Hot Air owner the best solution is 86/87 ECM, translator and an LT1 MAF. Your hot air will run alot better that the day is was manufactured. Period. No company is going to refurbish crappy design 84/85 MAF with a very small market on a low value car. Move forward with your car and make it run really good. Get creative and put the LT1 MAF in the stock location. Nobody will know the difference except you. My 2 cents.

I have a tester from the 80's that test the 86/87s in my stuff somewhere. Made by Kent-Moore from what I can remember. They did a LOT of Dealer Electronics test equip. Have a box of sensors but of course I don't remember what ones are good. If I can find it Ill post it up. :cool:

Thanks Dan. I tried to bid on a Snap-On "Red Brick" once and an OTC 2000 or 3000 but gave up at $150. - I'm not sure if they would actually test MAFs or ECMs; but that is a thought. I'll do more research too.
Thanx again.