Going racing tomorrow!

johnplogii

Senior citizen
We are all ready to take the GN out to the races tomorrow here in nebraska. Hope it does OK, we spent much more time with the way it looks than we did with the mechanical aspects. Anyway here are a couple teaser pics:biggrin:

Attachments

• P1010466.jpg
    P1010466.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 291
  • P1010467.jpg
    P1010467.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 289
Hope your not street racing it.

The kill section has been a bit slow lately. If you win, we'll expect to see a full report there.

Good luck.

Mike B.

looks good John! How'd it do?? My oldest daughters car averaged a 3.891, and the youngest girls car 3.943. They both were in the top ten but no trouphies. Unfortunantely I didn't know about BW's axle trick, I'll remember for next year! Plus the girl's don't like black so I got blue and gold :(

We had alot of fun though

Yes, pinewood derby. I never was in the boyscouts so this is the first time for both me and my 7 year old son. We decided on the design together, went up to my dad's to do most of it, so we had three generations working on it.

the fast way is to hold them up to a bench grinder and grind a little relief in the nail so the slot falls into the center of the wheel or put them in a collet lathe and take a part off tool and do the slot, then fill with graffite..

Nice car John!!!! That will be the best looking car at the event.

Good luck at your fisrst pinewood derby!!

Just got back, 49 cars alltogether & we got 1st in our den (wolves) and got 3rd overall! Our fastest time was 2.890 at 236.9mph. They kept the car & we will go to districts in april. Oh yeah!!!

Attachments

• P1010469.jpg
    P1010469.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 153
Nice car John!!!! That will be the best looking car at the event.

Good luck at your fisrst pinewood derby!!

It was the best looking car there but somehow we didn't get the votes. Doesn't look like aerodynamics play much of a role in the pinewood derby though!