good boost controller

ll3lue

what boost controllers do you guys run?? can you tell me a little about them? how hard are they to install...and also if you can provide a link to it and how much it'll set me back..thanks

if you wanna spend big money get electronic.
turbosmart.com the one i have e-boost
the wiring wasnt hard ( to many funtions and only three buttons??)

innovativeturbo.com the one i wanted
greddy.com some tr use them but mostly imports use em.

manual boost controllers
home depot get a air pressure regulator (with the air tools)
turbosmart.com
qboost.com

im sure there are more but that should get you started

RJC boost controller is working well. Its a grainger style setup, and its pretty cheap.

I ordered a qboost one...month and a half later...still didn't have it. Cancelled order, they apologized. I run a Turbo XS.

3.8Illusion said:
if you wanna spend big money get electronic.
turbosmart.com the one i have e-boost
the wiring wasnt hard ( to many funtions and only three buttons??)

innovativeturbo.com the one i wanted
greddy.com some tr use them but mostly imports use em.

manual boost controllers
home depot get a air pressure regulator (with the air tools)
turbosmart.com
qboost.com

im sure there are more but that should get you started

Don't forget the BstC (boost command) from Full Throttle Speed. An open loop electronic controller that wont cost you an arm and a leg.

TurboDave said:
Don't forget the BstC (boost command) from Full Throttle Speed. An open loop electronic controller that wont cost you an arm and a leg.

I agree, I have one of these with 2 solenoids and the caspers splitter and now have between 10-12 lb range depending on daily conditions. I love it. Kinda stealthy, drilled a small hole in center console and have it hidden in there.

Good luck with your choice.

It is not that hard to install, it has like 6 wires that tie into the computer. Power, ground, TPS trigger, boost scaler(I left mine unhooked), and 2 wires for solenoid, 1 to computer and the other to the solenoid, A single solenoid will give you 5-6 lb range from the base. I have my base at 17psi. I added a 2nd solenoid and an adapter from caspers to use 2 of them. In theory it should give between 10-12 lb range from base. It also act like a Grainger valve in that spool is noticeably better than the stock setup. The biggest thing for me is that you don't have to burn your hands anymore after a run to change boost. The valve from RJC works well too. A cheap alternative to the electronic ones.

I love my BSTC with 2 solenoids. I have my actuator set so I have a range from ~12 lbs to > 22 lbs. I first tried a relief valve and a bleeder valve, but the BSTC did the trick for me. I rarely make changes adjustments to it anymore, so I just keep it in the glovebox.

I have the boost commander and really like it. I stared at the wiring for a good 10 minutes and made sure I had the right wires picked out before cutting or splicing. It took all of 15 minutes to install, but then I ran the controller under the dash, behind the guage pod and then mounted it right beside my scanmaster in front of my face.

BstC is a great inexpensive in cockpit electronic controller thats proven to work on our cars...no more jacking around under the hood to adjust boost.
I have my base set at 18# and can crank it up to 24-25# with just 1 solenoid..of course using alky also.