You can type here any text you want

Got my 90 Firebird Hybrid running good! For a while:(

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cabech984

Well, after a few days of troubleshooting, replacing melted fusible links, fixing misfires, grounds, etc, I got the Firebird running and running good!!! Well until the bad happened...

The starter solenoid switch is apparently grounding out, blowing the crank fuse, causing a no crank, no start condition. I checked the purple wire @ C201(bulkhead connector) and it was showing that it was grounded. I disconnected it from the starter and the ground went away. This should tell you that the starter solenoid is grounding inside right? Either way, I am officially broke and have no money for a starter. Maybe in a few weeks, I'll be able to get a mini/ LT1 starter. I need a starter for a 153 tooth flex plate right?

Well, when it was running, it took a little bit to build boost, but once it did it pulled alot harder than my LS1 Firebird.

I'll try to post up some "running pics" by this weekend. I broke my digital camera so I'll have to bum my brothers. Ive been driving this thing for 2 days and let me tell you, I love it!!! I dont even have the boost cranked up (much:wink: ) and it is very fun!! Kinda fast!!! Well, faster than my LS1 Formula (I think!!)

Here are a few pictures!!! I need to do a little wire clean up and mount my FP gauge. Track times will be coming soon!!!!!

Chris

No, the tach and speedo dont work:( I use the RPM on the scanmaster. It sucks not knowing how fast Im going!!

I have all my gages working but the tack is about 1k off.
I've been meaning to scan in the schematics they made when they wired mine but I don't know how much help they would be on any car other than a 92 5.0 TPI car.

Should be a difference in resistance between V6 & V8 tachs. I belive you could buy a tach signal converter from somewhere.

hmmmm...the last car I just pieced out everything worked with the old firebird dash :eek:

Attachments

• MVC-126S.JPG
    MVC-126S.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 159
hmmmm...the last car I just pieced out everything worked with the old firebird dash :eek:

Dan
The problem me and Eric (91bird305) had was all the changes from the MAF to Speed Density and the airbag circuits were where some of the other stuff was supposed to go.
Some of my problems may been Camaro specific like no separate VSS buffer box I think Eric's car has one cause his was a 305 TBI and mine didn't cause it was a 305 TPI
My job might have been a bit easier(?) though cause I had a whole 2nd TTA to take parts from and reference when needed.
All in all mine is done though I just recharged the AC the other day now it's just cosmetic stuff, tuning and a then repaint over the winter.

Dan
The problem me and Eric (91bird305) had was all the changes from the MAF to Speed Density and the airbag circuits were where some of the other stuff was supposed to go.
Some of my problems may been Camaro specific like no separate VSS buffer box I think Eric's car has one cause his was a 305 TBI and mine didn't cause it was a 305 TPI
My job might have been a bit easier(?) though cause I had a whole 2nd TTA to take parts from and reference when needed.
All in all mine is done though I just recharged the AC the other day now it's just cosmetic stuff, tuning and a then repaint over the winter.

Car stuff never ends :p :biggrin:

Car stuff never ends :p :biggrin:

Dan while I have your attention the TTA I got from you has a rip in the passenger side door panel, I don't suppose you have one in good shape you could part with?

Dan while I have your attention the TTA I got from you has a rip in the passenger side door panel, I don't suppose you have one in good shape you could part with?

I don't ....BUT if my memory is workin someone had one for sale a while ago .. maybe post a "wanted" in the TTA section .. hey here is my new TTA :eek: Buicks are all gone for now :biggrin:

Attachments

• MazdaGNmel.JPG
    MazdaGNmel.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 154
My tach & speedo dont work b/c Im using a TH400. I dont mind though b/c Im gonna have all Autometer gauges(someday)

My tach & speedo dont work b/c Im using a TH400. I dont mind though b/c Im gonna have all Autometer gauges(someday)

I'm not sure if I'm going to swap in a v6 tach or use one of those adjuster boxes or just say screw it:smile:

Back