Governor mod

BigDuke6

Where is the ideal area to remove material from the small weight on the governor? Have read people drilling holes, and grinding material away, haven't seen any pics, if anyone has some I'd love to see. Thanks in advance.

I usually take it off the very top, no holes drilled. You can also round corners. Only take a little at a time.

20170809_135122.jpg

What was your starting and ending weight

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

What was your starting and ending weight

Stock weights are :

Large 34.5 grams

Small 14.9 grams

this was the average of 20 units.

I took my small weight down to 13.9 to raise the shift points to 5500 rpm +

I got my weighs written down just wondering if he did the same or if he just went to town on it without weighing it

I weighed it, after some testing with the scale I used at work, it had more accuracy at a higher weight range. So i weighed the entire governor assembly after i removed material. I have data on weight removed but not actual (small weight), weight. The final mod list was 8 .125 holes drilled and the steel set screw replace with an aluminum one. In car testing yielded just over 6000 on the 1-2, and just under 6000 on the 2-3 shifts. I'll dig up the numbers when im home and post them. This was with a fairly aggressive tv and 28psi.

Just jumping in curious here. What effect does this usually have on street manners?

It changes full throttle shift points. Car drives the same under partial throttle. I left the large weight alone.

Stock weights are :

Large 34.5 grams

Small 14.9 grams

this was the average of 20 units.

I took my small weight down to 13.9 to raise the shift points to 5500 rpm +
What were the shift points before?

20170807_012245.jpg
2-3 with the tv more aggressive. This was before I started removing weight. And nobody panic, I added fuel after this pull