GS Nationals!

I got a cheap $80 room at the Motel 6 for Thursday and Friday.
Leaving Dallas Thursday morning and arriving Thursday evening. Racing on Friday and Saturday.
Having to make this trip as cheap as possible this year.

I got a cheap $80 room at the Motel 6 for Thursday and Friday.
Leaving Dallas Thursday morning and arriving Thursday evening. Racing on Friday and Saturday.
Having to make this trip as cheap as possible this year.
Roger that. I was lucky enough to have a few IHG points left over, I used most of them staying at the Holiday Inn and met Turbo Bob at the Fall Rod Run, so I got into the Holiday Inn Friday and Saturday in BG.

You'll see my silver Regal at the tent flying the Texas flag stop by and say hello

Are most folks on this board planning to go? I would like to meet as many members as possible up there this year. I have asked a buddy from Bradenton, FL to attend, Cleetus McFarland. Maybe he will find the time to at least send a peep or two up to meet and greet.
I had a meet and greet with Turbo Bob at the Fall Rod Run a couple of weeks ago in Pigeon Forge, TN that was lovely.
Chime in if you are going to be there, I would love to have a list of folks to say hi too and take your money in some races with my stock 109. I have an SMC Alky kit on it from 1974 so it will surely romp all over a Razor kit with the a windshield wiper fluid thing on it. Show up, put up or shut up..

Less than a month away. Some family stuff came up so I wont be able to stay for the Saturday race :( . Everyone ready to go?

I would love to have a list of folks to say hi too and take your money in some races with my stock 109. I have an SMC Alky kit on it from 1974 so it will surely romp all over a Razor kit with the a windshield wiper fluid thing on it. Show up, put up or shut up..
Sounds like A "knife to a gun fight" scenario, to me.:p:D

Question on bracket racing. What are the rules for B3: 13.50 and slower cars? Can I run the 275/60R15 tires on the back?
Are there any rules posted anywhere?

As far as I know just Buick or Buick powered and don't go faster than the class times. In other word don't go 12.99 if the class is 13.00 and up.

Will Nitto 275/60R15s fit on stock rims without spacing and rolling, curling cutting, doing some stupid stuff to my fenders?
I just want to have a decent tire size in the rear when I drive the car an hour up to Bowling Green from Hendersonville, TN 37075
I am not going to haul it as it is less distance than I drove to the 2019 Fall Rod Run in Pigeon Forge, TN to meet Mr. Turbo Bob..
If I blow it up, I will pay to have it towed an hour home or rent a car dolly from U-Haul and pull it home with my wife's jeep. There are some folks here that say that tire only affects really tight turns or really deep pot holes. The advantage is the 28" tire size... What say you racers that know this shiznit?

Will Nitto 275/60R15s fit on stock rims without spacing and rolling, curling cutting, doing some stupid stuff to my fenders?

I dont know about 275s. For a stock car I'd go with the 255s. We ran them for years with no problems.

Ohhh get AAA+. Cheaper and easier towing a blown up car.

Yeah the 255s don't give me a competitive radius as far as I can see from the past races.. I need every bit of help I can get to get above a 13 second car. Are you saying I should go with a tire that actually would give me a disadvantage? Or a tire that will give me an advantage of some type?

In my opinion for a 13 sec TR you should go with a 26inch tall tire and not a 28. Depending on well centered your rear end is you shouldn't have a problem with either size

I'm coming this year and bringing the 86 GN with me...I will be under the main tent near Hartline...keep an eye out for my license plate, stop by and say hello, there are many people I talk with on this board that I would like to meet!!

3 of us are coming from CA. Not racing though. Work and life got in the way, not to mention a hell of a long haul, so we're just spectating. Sucks too because my car is running great....

Yeah the 255s don't give me a competitive radius as far as I can see from the past races.. I need every bit of help I can get to get above a 13 second car. Are you saying I should go with a tire that actually would give me a disadvantage? Or a tire that will give me an advantage of some type?

When TSA was running the fastest dog ( I mean kitten) was on a 255 and ran high 10s. Cant wait to get to Kentucky, bought my lovely bride a newer car just for the road trip.;)