You can type here any text you want

GT500 Cobras taste like....frog....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hahaha.. awesome awesome awesome! Little V6 put down the torque early and it was all over from there on out!

that's a nice race.i was surprised to the 500 left so good.before i saw the video i though you would 60ft him hard and he would be chasing you up top and run out of time.

Very nice youve got some other good vids also!!!

Congrats.

It even looks worse for them, when you spank them while wearing the heavy steel GN wheels. :cool:

Somewhere out there today, is a GT500 owner, contemplating buying steel wheels and purple window tint, to keep up with the big boys.:eek:

Nice kill...

Mike Barnard

Haha, that's great. You got a roll bar in the GN?

Nope...no roll bar.
I made couple 11.48, 11.49 and an 11.6 before the 11.14 run.

After the 11.14 as I pulled away from the time slip shack, the time slip guy yells "Hey!"...:eek:

I was already about 10 feet away form him and could see him in my rear view mirror...he was just starting togive up on me and wave me away when I stopped...so he came jogging over.
Him: "You don't have a roll bar in this thing?!?"
Me: "no....but I wasn't expecting to go that fast either...just made a small adjustment and it surprised me....:rolleyes:
Him: At least you have a jacket on....but you need a cage to run that fast.
Me: My last run was an 11.6 (I oulled the slip out and showed him)...I really didn't expect 11.14.
Him: Well....you gotta slow it down...go on....just slow it down...
Me: OK:tongue:

Then I went back and ran an 11.22...I hit it harder at launch and lost traction so it killed my 60'.
Still went 122mph.

Went back around, and he just handed me my slip without saying anything. The lanes were closed and the track was closing, so I couldn't run again anyway.:D

LOL...some clown commented on the video on Youtube that the GT500 was sandbagging....what a chuckle head:rolleyes:...someone needs a Turbo Buick education...:biggrin:

Or maybe he was just saying it looked like the guy was reeling me in at the top...still a no.

The timeslip data shows I got out on him after the first 60' and stayed there for the duration.
At the end he was back by 3 lengths.

Here's the info from the slip:
Me Slobra
R/T .046 .175
60' 1.672 1.609
330' 4.621 4.738
1/8 7.133 7.295
MPH 97.47 96.33
1000 9.306 9.49
1/4 11.146 11.328
MPH 122.26 122.97

If the race was longer than a 1/4...he would have eventually gone aroud me....but...this is a 1/4 mile race LOSER!!!!:tongue:

Why does everyone always have some excuse for loosing to a V-6?

Just man up and say I lost!

Good kill.

Mikey

very nice race

Those GT500's can be fast with all the goodies under the hood and that one
definitely had some....it just freaks people out that these Buicks can eat up
95% of what's out there....good job....

Back