You can type here any text you want

Gt500 :(

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yarbeau

Darth Vader
Just got the floors done in the 87GN a week ago and this was the first time I really went out fishing. Taken a cobalt here honda there but nothing worthy of a post.2007

Last Saturday cruising the streets northbound hoping I'll find something to tangle with.

Stopped at a light and I see a mustang stopped at the same light but traveling southbound. I thought about pulling a U-turn but didnt want to go out of my way for a "mustang." Buddy thought otherwise.

Light turns green and I give it him a few slaps as the turbo dumps while I cruise through the light. He heard it for sure and pulls a u-turn to come see me.

Its not just a mustang. I see the cobra on the fender and think to myself WHY! 2007 red with white racing stripes shelby gt500. I didnt know exactly how much horse these guys push, but I knew they were supercharged and somewhere in the 500's.

He rolls his window down appeared to be somewhere in his 50's.
50's-Nice Grand National! Stock?
me- Naw its got some work done. you?
50's- intake thats all. on 3?
me- honk it out

He beeps three times. we were rolling at 50 km/h I hit it hard, laying ALOT of posi down. he didnt spin much at all. he got about 4-5 cars ahead in a HURRY! As I build boost the gap tightens Im at 18 PSI and let out. he stayed a solid car ahead the whole time.

50's-you got back up on me in a hurry!
me- ya it was a good one I was expecting to get spanked alot worse!
50's-I thought I'd walk you to be honest I know those are fast but DAMN
me-thanks :(

It was a humbling experience nevertheless. Nothing like trying to intimidate someone and getting your ass spanked in a hurry.

Derek.

id guess not much.............

i ran a gt500 at the track, he said his car was stock and he had dr's
he ran a 12.87 to my 12.88
it was a very good race, if i wouldnt have spun i woulda got him.

buickbert

Cool Run, I beat the Hell out of one Sat ,trying out my new trans and converter:biggrin::biggrin:

whats done too it was all done by the previous owner.

tt chip/injectors.
3" exhaust
meth injection (I had it disconnected as I was just getting the feel for the car)
upgraded turbo
k&N filter

he gave me a folder full of the mods hes done. had engine sent out and completely rebuilt top to bottom. honed not bored out.

horse wise im not too sure. I'm just getting in tune with this thing!

Good run, but take him from a dig next time and you'll kill it.

I completely crushed one a few months back.
He tried me from a dig, from a roll...and got disappointed.:biggrin:

Not trying to jack your thread

Me too? Just got in a street fight with one. 30mph kick, he immediately jumped out bout 2 car lengths. He ended up about one car length at 90mph. Those things definately pull hard and yes it is a humbling experience. The only satisfaction I have is knowing he payed ATLEAST 5 times what I did for the GN. By the way I just ran 13.2 at the strip on a bad tune and street tires. I usually beat on stangs but thyve come along way. Live and learn.

haha yes the feeling of losing to something 6 times the price softens the blow a little.

I did manage to crush a nissan 350z. two guys revvin the piss outta it at a light and a simply walked him. they wouldnt look over at the next light!

Good story. I like it when guys tell it like it is. When I got my Buick last year I tangled with one as I was cruising it home on street radials on stock rims and he spanked me. My car had a 6776 on it at the time at only 15 psi on iron heads and a stock bottom end so I really wasn't expecting to win but it was pretty dam quick tho and yes it was from a roll at about 40 mph.

I keep telling a friend of mine who had since bought one that I want a rematch when my transformation is finished.:D

At least it wasn't a regular Mustang GT.... :biggrin:

I've always liked the GT500's and have wanted one since they came out. I finally got my wish when I bought one on Monday. ;) Just washed and waxed it so time to take some pics.

I'm glad it wasnt a reg GT or I'd be VERY embarassed!

the cobras are nice cars for sure. way to expensive tho.

Brett, I agree. once i get some tuning and figure stuff out on this GN i want a rematch as well!

Does this look familiar? ;)

Attachments

• GT500 012.jpg
    GT500 012.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 682
At least it wasn't a regular Mustang GT.... :biggrin:

I've always liked the GT500's and have wanted one since they came out. I finally got my wish when I bought one on Monday. ;) Just washed and waxed it so time to take some pics.

Sweet.. Get your other car done?

Sound like a fun race. I don't mind loosing if the other guy is half way cool.

on a side note, Roll races are OK as long as you are under 60mph or so. Just be sure to brake boost to full boost before the start and never go out unless you are on full boost and sticky tires. (says the guy running a stock turbo with 8lbs of boost, but just until I get the Billet 62)
Scott

You guys gotta remember that the 4.6/5.4 supercharged motor is right where it needs to be @ 40mph (2nd gear). Ive had my fair share of trouble with them. And others as well.

A very good friend of mine has a Sonic Blue 03 Cobra that makes 510rwhp and in 2nd gear its a monster! And I do want one. I was at a all Mustang show yesterday with a buddy and TONS were there.

On my GT500, intake, pulley, tune, 3.73 = 550rwhp. My Buick's a bit under 500rwhp. The Buick's a wilder ride. The Shelby's feel completely composed at this power level. Feels like it would need another 200hp to get your attention like my T does.

My neighbor has a GT500. Pulleys, tune, exhaust. He took it to the track for the first time and belted out an 11.30 @ 129 MPH (with slicks). Not too shabby I'd say.

My neighbor has a GT500. Pulleys, tune, exhaust. He took it to the track for the first time and belted out an 11.30 @ 129 MPH (with slicks). Not too shabby I'd say.

That's some serious MPH. I don't know much about the gt500 but I know enough to watch out for them.

Back