You can type here any text you want

hardass prelude

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gnstock

Bigger isn't better!
Long story but worth it. I go to school with a kid nigel (real name changed so he won't get mad). He thinks he is a hardass with a 01 stock prelude with the abbreviations on it saying "DOHC" "VTEC" and uh oh he has, not not SPORTSHIFT! lol. As he listed off to me what all he had i told him i had 87 regal. With a couple of minor mods. Intake, chip, and a new fuel pump since the old one was bad. He said "what kind of tranny", i said "auto" he said " i will smoke you " like he was someone from the fast and the furious. SO i see him tonight and he goes man you suck that is a GN i can't take that. I said oh well and i started to pull off. He followed me and said lets do a "20 ROLL" (start from 20mph and then race) I said ok knowing i would still beat him. So i hear him rev his sh*t up to 10,000 rpms and i punch it. Man did he ever go home crying. I pulled atleast 3 car links away from him hearing him shift his SPORTSSHIFT!!. He turned off the road didn't even pull even with me after that. I was laughing all the way home with my 13,000 dollar car when he spent 15,000 or 20,000 and got his ass whooped by a REGAL lol I thought it was a funny story of ricer stupidity

I guess the best we can hope for is to educate them one at a time. It'll be a lifetime process.

It didn't take you long to mod that stocker!

With a sig like yours, sounds like it's time to change your handle from 87gnstock to something else ;)

Did the dude with the Grand Am on nitrous ever hit you up?

no the grand am never hit me up. And i dunno if i would want to be going against someone with NOS on their car. I have heard people talk about it. But i have never seen a car with it and actually used it in front of me so i am a little weary.

Hey 87GnStock are you the same one over at honda-tech and Acura-CL.com? just curious theres a couple of us from this board over there chatting with some of the nicer import guys (read not ricers) drop me a line

I raced that dude in the white grand am on nitrous a while back.I let him start right next to me and get out 2 cars before I would leave.I blew past him like he threw it in reverse.And that was before I tore down the motor and added the heads and cam and stuff.Now its faster but I cant tune it as easily as before.BTW 3 lengths on a prelude from a 20 roll is not really that good.I hope they were train lengths because I am willing to bet you have more power in your combo with some tuning.

oh yea i had the boost turned down to 10 psi that night i don't know what i was thinking didn't think i would have that much of a challenge and didn't want to waste all my gas that night i bet if i turned it up to 15 or 26 i would have really beat him. Can yall give me some hints on tuning my car?

I can run 17# all day long.And its been enough to beat a few juiced LS1s and some big blocks.Oh,and EVERY mustang that has tried.....so far anyways.Im trying to figure out the tune on my alky so I can run in the 20+ # range.

Back