You can type here any text you want

has any one bolted a supercharger on st 2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here is a couple pics of mine with a roots style on it. This is a 8-71 and Im seriously searching for a 14-71 superman pro-mod blower.:eek: Mike:cool:

Attachments

• MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 363
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 362
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 367
And that's to the 1000' mark :tongue:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Well I don't know about that, but it's sure close to the track record at my track. 1/8. Set by a Volkswagen powered dragster. :eek:

Sure would be nice if you could bring your machine over here so the track record could be held by a Buick!

Well I don't know about that, but it's sure close to the track record at my track. 1/8. Set by a Volkswagen powered dragster. :eek:

Sure would be nice if you could bring your machine over here so the track record could be held by a Buick!

Keep working !! ;)

Thanks for the kind words guys. 4.35 dial in was for the carera shot, it has been a 4.25 @ 163 , but that was one day long long ago!! I havent been able to get back to that but Im getting closer. Last time out this year which was when I took those pics it went 4.52 @ 152 with 35 degrees timing and the next (last) run increased the timing to 37 degrees and went 4.42 @ 156.
It was set up with 6.74 to compression and has seen over 50# of boost. It still wants a lot more timing:eek: . I know that most of you are saying that rediculass on the timing thing!! I quit trying to make it run like a turbo car with little timing - it wont work!!
Im in the 2008 BPG video at the end and I wish I wasnt!! That was the first time with this new combo and had 20 degrees timing in it!! Needless to say it was a very embarassing weekend for me as it wouldnt run for shoot!!
Still looking to go 3.99 but Im not even close right now!! Mike:cool:

Good answer Mike

Thanks for the kind words guys. 4.35 dial in was for the carera shot, it has been a 4.25 @ 163 , but that was one day long long ago!! I havent been able to get back to that but Im getting closer. Last time out this year which was when I took those pics it went 4.52 @ 152 with 35 degrees timing and the next (last) run increased the timing to 37 degrees and went 4.42 @ 156.
It was set up with 6.74 to compression and has seen over 50# of boost. It still wants a lot more timing:eek: . I know that most of you are saying that rediculass on the timing thing!! I quit trying to make it run like a turbo car with little timing - it wont work!!
Im in the 2008 BPG video at the end and I wish I wasnt!! That was the first time with this new combo and had 20 degrees timing in it!! Needless to say it was a very embarassing weekend for me as it wouldnt run for shoot!!

@ least you speak the truth--stand up guy!!!. Some day they run good and some days they won't pull a fat girl out of a donut shop. How is our little round buddy doing? He has been quite on the board. Richard request his presents @ BG this year.

Lee, Hes doing well!! He plans on being at BG this year with his car. I think he will have a handle on it by then!! Mike

I see you're still running alcohol. I would think you could run quite a bit more boost with that static CR your using. Or are you planning to throw some nitro into the mix?

I see you're still running alcohol. I would think you could run quite a bit more boost with that static CR your using. Or are you planning to throw some nitro into the mix?

No nitro for me!! The 8-71 I have on it is now at 44% overdriven to get the 50+ boost. That combo is yielding 90 degree intake temps at starting line and 180 at 660'. Looking at going with the 14-71 superman blower and slowing it down to 15 to 20%. Pro-mod guys are seeing 135-145 degrees at 1260'. It takes approx 400 HP to turn this blower at 44% and the return has not been there!!
Also going to go with shorter stroke and BIG aluminum rods for this next year.
I dont expect it run any better than it has ,but Im done testing!! I wanna race!! Planning to run top dragster in division 3 and there is a Jegs superquick series around here that would like to run, it has a 4.50 minimum dial-in and you have to qualify above 4.50. Mike:cool:

No nitro for me!! The 8-71 I have on it is now at 44% overdriven to get the 50+ boost. That combo is yielding 90 degree intake temps at starting line and 180 at 660'. Looking at going with the 14-71 superman blower and slowing it down to 15 to 20%. Pro-mod guys are seeing 135-145 degrees at 1260'. It takes approx 400 HP to turn this blower at 44% and the return has not been there!!
Also going to go with shorter stroke and BIG aluminum rods for this next year.
I dont expect it run any better than it has ,but Im done testing!! I wanna race!! Planning to run top dragster in division 3 and there is a Jegs superquick series around here that would like to run, it has a 4.50 minimum dial-in and you have to qualify above 4.50. Mike:cool:

Yeah, I would say 180 is about the limit. What sort of afr are you using to get that intake temp?

Mike. The Volkswagen dragster that holds our track record runs on alky at 6:1cr. Uses nitrous to spool a turbo and is intercooled. Runs 80+ psi. Don't know what his intake temps are.

There was a guy who had a sand rail with a stage 2 with a big blower on it i believe it was run on alchy.

Back