Have anyone replaced stock springs.

Buckshot G/N

I'm the original owner "1987" 32 years keeping everything stock. I have notice the car setting about an inch lower than pass years. About 26 and Qtr inches from ground to top of of fender well. Have anyone replaced springs and did it raise the car any.

yes, just did it. my rear wheels were actually rubbing on my stock exhaust. i put new heavier springs on the back and now there is clearance od about 1" between where it used to rub. also the car sits a little higher and looks nice. i never did measure before and after hieghts.

Original owner of an 85 T-Type and did all mine last fall along with the body mount bushing & Bilstein shocks. Man, what a difference. She sets up like the day I bought her.

That is good to hear, I change out OEM shocks with bilstein over ten years ago. I just notice it setting just little lower than usual. Nothing is rubbing, was the ones you replace OEM specs . Onefast87gn said he went with a heavy duty spring.
I don't think I need those , just myself and wife are the only ones in car on any given day.

Just checked mine out of curiosity and its a tad over 27". Never had any rubbing and run the 235-60-15s for years. Do you put it up on jack stands for the winter to let the suspension relax?
Lol, my first car in 71 was 68 GTO and the guy had put these over size coils on all four corners. Literally looked like an old highboy F-250. Thing was the douche bag didn't shorten the driveshaft and it chipped about 2" of the tail shaft casing off. Love the small of gear oil in the morning. Had a spare case laying around so no big deal buying the car. Yes, changed the springs first.

Very little difference in your tire size compared to stock. You are somewhere around and inch higher than my car. Only seen carjacks once in 32 years ,and that when I installed fuel hotwire kit . I only drive it 12 to 15 times a year, stored in climate control garage. Probably going to change spring out this fall after BG Nationals.

I just did a spring replacement with progressive springs. Lowered the rear of the car too much. When the springs settled it measured 26 inches to top of wheel opening and the progressive part of the spring was totally collapsed. Had to put in AirLift bags to bring it up. The Airlifts work well.

AirLift definitely cross my mind ? If you had a chance to redo would you go a different scenario?? Thanks for input.

I have AirLift bags on both my 70 Skylark and the GN. They are not fancy, cheap and work pretty good. With the AirLifts you can run a soft spring and adjust as needed. If going for the absolute best handling the best thing is straight wound springs. Also for absolute handling dump the rear sway bar and adjust with springs. But ride would suck.