Headlight question

abrasv

Has anyone installed the Kirban headlight upgrade kit #7530 and if so how much did it improve the lighting at night? Asking because driving at night for an old guy is dangerous with the stock halogen lights. Found that out last night. It was good with the hi beams on but low beams was like using a flashlight.

Kirban’s headlight kit will increase your night time illumination 10 fold and is great bang for your buck. Plus They are plug & play

How old are your headlight bulbs? Also, is your alternator putting out the correct amps? Just asking

I know its the cool thing now but take the shades off at night, haha. I don't know, they seem pretty good (regular halogens) to me. Heard a lot of people complain even about the new cars LED ones.
Like Fred said, if your bulbs are older and if you replace just one you can see the difference as to how much brighter and clearer the new one is.
A bit off topic but if you have a GM truck checkout this neat product for $20 to improve lighting.

Thanks all. Just put in the order. Will com
How old are your headlight bulbs? Also, is your alternator putting out the correct amps? Just asking
Bulbs are new halogen and alternator is right where it should be.
e back after installation and give you my take on them.

Good luck as the octane one with the plug and play did not work, all four lights came on whether brights on or not. Fellow member here said he had the same issue and said he had to re wire the relays?

Good luck as the octane one with the plug and play did not work, all four lights came on whether brights on or not. Fellow member here said he had the same issue and said he had to re wire the relays?
Thanks! My boy is an electrician, he figured and knocked it out. Yup, he rewired relay and power; drilled relay in strategic position- closer to the battery due to wire length. Night driving is back and that camping trip - completed!

I installed the Kirbans kit over the weekend, all went well until I hit the stalk for the high beams they came on as they should have but now I cant get them to turn off. Whenever I hit my light switch I get all 4 lights, any suggestions on how to fix this ?

And here we go again LOL!!
I got the same kit & had to re-wire the plugs at the relays.

I posted a schematic of the relays on a thread Blacky started with a similar issue.

I’ll help the best I can. Let me know.

Oh boy the same problems thanks for helping Kyle. I just got a refund from Kirban's as I didn't feel I had to re-wire his kit that he sells :unsure:

And here we go again LOL!!
I got the same kit & had to re-wire the plugs at the relays.

I posted a schematic of the relays on a thread Blacky started with a similar issue.

I’ll help the best I can. Let me know.
According to their directions the wiring was correct unless I overlooked something, and initially it was working correctly which is what has me threw off. Can you post your schematic again or send it to me ?

I don't remember mine ever working correctly and I'm not good electrically but if you read my thread earlier you would see there's a couple members that have worked their way through the fix

According to their directions the wiring was correct unless I overlooked something, and initially it was working correctly which is what has me threw off. Can you post your schematic again or send it to me ?

Should be on page 2 if it doesn’t take you there.

I had to meter out some stuff, switch a few wires & I made a new ground. I would also tap the relays & that would make the HB go on or off.

I also looked at my car wiring to make sure the care wiring was correct & it was.

I have the kirban upgrade in hand and just waiting for the weather to warm up. My question is, are people still having issues with this kit? Like all lights coming on?

As of 2 weeks ago yes. But someone posted a fix to it don't know why Corbin's not doing that Hope you have better luck than me and a few others.
Steve