heater valve ?

Lee I am running mine wide open into the heater core. I don’t have ac though. I think you need a bypass if you use a gn valve. I’ve read that you need to maintain flow and if the valve closes it will deadhead. I haven’t confirmed this though.

Lee I am running mine wide open into the heater core. I don’t have ac though. I think you need a bypass if you use a gn valve. I’ve read that you need to maintain flow and if the valve closes it will deadhead. I haven’t confirmed this though.
Thanks for your reply--I bought a generic valve--hooked it up without a vacuum canister--yet to start car--never heard of having to have some flow. Back in the DAY a person could put a post up in the AM and have multipule replies by PM. --Lee

Look at the 3rd gen camaro heater valve. It has 4 ports and is vacuum actuated. The two ports off the water pump have to loop, the 4 port valve allows this when closed (and opened as well).

Lee,

I'm not sure how old this thread is (the recent website changes etc have me more confused than usual) and you might not need another answer to your question but I did an LS3 conversion into a worn out LC2 Turbo Regal and used the factory HVAC system except for the compressor. I do have the heater core valve in place and everything works as it did originally. A/C is cold and the heater is hot.