You can type here any text you want

Helmet requirement for Woodburn?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboSlacker

SINISTR
What's the official minimum this year for racing at Woodburn dragstrip?

Can I use my Snell M95 (M for Motorcycle) or do I have to bring a SA automotive rated one?

What is the minimum year accepted now 90, 95, 2000?

Snell rated SA-2000 aren't cheap. Best I found was $199 full face and $149 open face. Most brands are $250 and up.

I just went to Pacific Raceways Friday night and they still allow M90 helmets.

Also 2004 NHRA rulebook says 90 is still legal.

HTH

If you're looking for a replacement, my friend is the local Fulmer helmet rep and is getting me a full face flat black snell 2000 helmet this week(or next). I can get a price list from him.

ADAM

I should be okay then. The rules just are very clear about M helmets for auto racing. I understand that the M vs. SA are designed differently due to different impact conditions which makes sense.

I would hate to go to the track and get denied just because I have an "M" helmet.

Adum, sure post the prices. Thanks

If you need to borrow a helmet I have a newish one I've worn like half dozen times.

The best place I've found for helmets is a placed called Cycle Barn. In Lynwood. Kind of wierd place the first time I was there. They sell motocycles, four wheelers and that stuff. they have two building the one on the corner if you go up stairs they have tons of riding gear and CHEAP Helmets. ranging from $45-$200. Wide range of sizes, colors designs. They have a small wall full, maybe 100 helmets to choose from.

Well I guess I better look up there Address...

Lynnwood
Mon-Fri 10-8,
Sat 9-6, Sun 11-5
(Service Closed Sun.)

5711 188th St. SW
Lynnwood, WA 98037
425-774-3538

Smokey Point
Tue-Fri 10-7, Sat 9-5 Sun and Mon Closed

3131 Smokey Point Dr.
Arlington, WA 98223
360-530-7800