Help spend my money..... which turbo

Chris996

I have already spoken to venders on this site through both social media and over the phone but each had a different opinion of which turbo would be the best match for my combo.

Currently my car is set up as follows.

Rebuilt long block
Champion irons and intake
206/206 roller cam
Cottons FMIC
60lb injectors TT 6.1
3200 stall built 200r4
Alcohol injection

She runs out of steam on the big end running 22-23lbs on the TE44 B.B. which is currently being rebuilt.

What’s say you on turbo choice for a primarily street driven car where turbo lag will matter but more top end for track days

Under my ownership she has run a best of 11.89 @ 114. , so I know I’m not running her at the ragged edge

I have already spoken to venders on this site through both social media and over the phone but each had a different opinion of which turbo would be the best match for my combo.

Rebuilt long block
206/206 roller cam
Cottons FMIC
60lb injectors TT 6.1
3200 stall built 200r4
Alcohol injection

She runs out of steam on the big end running 22-23lbs on the TE44 B.B. which is currently being rebuilt.

What’s say you on turbo choice for a primarily street driven car where turbo lag will matter but more top end for track days

Under my ownership she has run a best of 11.89 @ 114. , so I know I’m not running her at the ragged edge

Hit up Bison he can set you up with a Turbo that is perfect for your combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebuilt long block
206/206 roller cam
Cottons FMIC
60lb injectors TT 6.1
3200 stall built 200r4
Alcohol injection

The MFS 6262 is the go for that one

My 6262 from Bison is going on this weekend.

Bison 6262.jpg

The billet 6262 wheel is definitely the way to go!

The newer technology that they implement into the billet wheels really sets them apart from the cast wheels of yesteryear.

For further illustration of their design differences, here are some photos of some compressor wheels that WORK Turbo sent us, so that we can display them at the Bates car show on Sunday the 3rd.

This photo shows a billet 61.44mm (62mm) compressor wheel, a 62mm cast compressor wheel, and a 122mm billet compressor wheel that can support over 3,000hp (yes, you read that correctly):

The billet 6262 wheel is definitely the way to go!

The newer technology that they implement into the billet wheels really sets them apart from the cast wheels of yesteryear.

For further illustration of their design differences, here are some photos of some compressor wheels that WORK Turbo sent us, so that we can display them at the Bates car show on Sunday the 3rd.

This photo shows a billet 61.44mm (62mm) compressor wheel, a 62mm cast compressor wheel, and a 122mm billet compressor wheel that can support over 3,000hp (yes, you read that correctly):

Could you please explain the real world advantage to using a billet wheel as opposed to a cast wheel to the turbo layman. I can see the obvious difference in how they look, and have an understanding of they are made.
However I'm unaware what some should expect for the extra cost, specifically on a mostly street driven car. I assume longevity ?

Could you please explain the real world advantage to using a billet wheel as opposed to a cast wheel to the turbo layman. I can see the obvious difference in how they look, and have an understanding of they are made.
However I'm unaware what some should expect for the extra cost, specifically on a mostly street driven car. I assume longevity ?

I just shot you a private message about this topic, please let me know if you got it.