You can type here any text you want

Help with front alignment!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRICKSIXPA

East Coast Go fast with class club MAGNA!!!
Staff member
I basically threw the front end of this car together last yr. and got wrapped up in another engine build. Up front I have stock lowers, Gbodyparts uppers, stock Moog springs, gas matic shocks, and new bushings and ball joints. Well anyway my big problem is too much negative camber and I can't figure out where to start.
Thanks
ta2u5ujy.jpg

nenugy9u.jpg
madese8e.jpg

not sure why you posted pics of carin air with suspension at limit
those arms dont have stops to limit travel ,only the frame to stop them
what is your camber with the wheels on and at ride height

It's still off either way and there is a jack under the lower control arm. As it sits its at 6* .
With tire on it might be at 4 or 5. I have 1/32" shims in there on the uppers.

It's negative 4 degrees with tire on car on the ground.

also what is the measurement perpendicular to the shaft from center of shaft to center of grease fitting

if those are 8" arms youll need to get the 8.5" arms

also hard to see in pics but those control arms are designed to be used right or left depending on how you put the ball joint in, and the arms (front and rear) should be different in length making the balljoint offset .. hard to tell how you have them installed , looks ok but just to be sure ...the short arm should be toward the front of car or you will have excessive camber as well as caster

Last edited:
Yes the short arm is toward the front of the car. From the center shaft to the center of the ball Joint it is 8.5" the floor to the fender lip is 28 1/2" and its 4 1/2" from the top of the tire to the fender lip.

you're too high get it to final (proper) ride height and see where it goes
could be springs are wrong for current wieght or they havent settled in ,orarentinstalled properly
also unless you have skid pads you need to roll the car after its been lifted to allow the wheels to move where they will

I have 5606 moog springs checked last night what I ordered a couple yrs ago. V8 springs are not gonna work!

Just finished mine as well last night. I have the SAME angle as you in the air. Waiting to see if anyone else with G-Body uppers chimes in and tell us if this is "correct" for them.

Back