Help with wires under drivers seat

SteveZ82

I've had my 86 GN for about 5 months now. It's super clean and runs great. I just recently replaced the upper control arm bushings on the PS, replaced the failed powermaster, and did all new body bushings with the added GNX bushings. What a difference. Next up are replacing the DS exhaust manifold and to replace the aftermarket radio with the stock one. I just like that look. In following some wires, I noticed these wires in the photo under the driver seat. I'm guessing it was for an alarm system that was at one point installed in the car but just not sure. There also appears to be a radio antenna cable as well which is odd to me. The wiring behind the radio is a bit jacked and I have two amps in the trunk. One that is blown on the 2 12s. That sh!t is all coming out. For the price I got the car for, I had to deal with this as an annoyance.

Attachments

• IMG_6018.jpg
    IMG_6018.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6017.jpg
    IMG_6017.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6016.jpg
    IMG_6016.jpg
    673.8 KB · Views: 27
Yes. That looks like a radio antenna connector. It looks like the end that goes into the back of the original radio. Many people had problems with the motorized antenna mast that came with the car and put something else in. I personally replaced my windshield with that of an 82' Buick Regal that had a built in radio antenna in the glass itself. I had the usual issues with the broken cable in the original system, as well as burnt out motors, etc.. so decided to try the windshield route. The glass was new and my local Safelite installed it and hooked everything up with a kit I bought from a vendor. They drilled a small hole in the firewall behind the cowl in a location GM used on earlier Regals and that allowed easy plug in to the radio. The location made it super easy to hook everything up. Reception is better than my original setup and I just left the original antenna in the fender. I'm not sure about the other connectors, perhaps others can chime in.

Yes. That looks like a radio antenna connector. It looks like the end that goes into the back of the original radio. Many people had problems with the motorized antenna mast that came with the car and put something else in. I personally replaced my windshield with that of an 82' Buick Regal that had a built in radio antenna in the glass itself. I had the usual issues with the broken cable in the original system, as well as burnt out motors, etc.. so decided to try the windshield route. The glass was new and my local Safelite installed it and hooked everything up with a kit I bought from a vendor. They drilled a small hole in the firewall behind the cowl in a location GM used on earlier Regals and that allowed easy plug in to the radio. The location made it super easy to hook everything up. Reception is better than my original setup and I just left the original antenna in the fender. I'm not sure about the other connectors, perhaps others can chime in.

Pretty sure they are for some alarm system that’s no longer there but why would the antenna cable be down there. I guess I have to thoroughly check. My antenna is fixed, PO replaced that in the 90s. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk